Sports Media discussion

6 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

What did she do

She complained about sexism like she was the only one who the score let go and not people like Brian Hanley or Rick Camp

16 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

She will be back on the SCORE shortly.  

Doubtful. Audacy has filed for bankruptcy. She won’t be back on the score since they don’t do updates anymore and have the hosts they need for their shows.

On 3/15/2024 at 4:09 AM, Kyyle23 said:

She complained about sexism like she was the only one who the score let go and not people like Brian Hanley or Rick Camp

She tried to play the sexism card for almost every situation.  She’s a joke and good riddance.

• 4 months later...

Danny Parkins is leaving the Score on Friday. It makes me wonder what they will do to replace him. Maybe they will move Bernstein and Holmes to afternoons and bring Spiegel back to mornings with another partner.

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Wow, I didn’t hear about this.  I’m not a fan but he must be doing something right.  He keeps getting promotions.  Imagine if they move Shane Riordan from producer to full-time host?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Tony said:

So..,Dan Bernstein had a day lol

Wow, softer than Charmin.  Apparently, he despises Barstool.  Even Spiegel tried to smooth the awkwardness over immediately.  Holmes didn’t even understand why he was pissed.

The Stoolies are gonna be out in full force to destroy Bernstein.  ESPN 1000 immediately started clowning him with Barstool Big Cat as a guest, haha.

I would expect an apology tomorrow but his ego may be too large.   Who is more hated now from The Score — Bernstein or Shane Riordan?  Like I said a few months back, these Score guys are a pile of jag-bags.

http://amp.awfulannouncing.com/radio/dave-portnoy-feud-670-score-dan-bernstein-barstool-eddie.html

Edited by WhiteSox2023

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

Of all the douchebag Barstool guys picking a fight with one of the nicest ones on that team is typical Bernstein. 

And the video clip of Holmes mouthing to Bernstein at their break, “what did he call you?” with Bernstein mouthing back “Bernstein” like a little whiny bastard is further proof that it’s just him being a little egotistical b****.

How are Bernstein and Holmes ever going to be able to field callers now?  The Stoolies are going to no doubt troll bomb every call at the direction of Portnoy.  I don’t think Bernstein’s ego could ever allow for it but I would guess that he issues an apology to Barstool Eddie to kick off their show this morning.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

34 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Ah yes, the freedom of speech crowd trying to have people canceled again over some hurt feelings. 

I agree, that part is childish.  But so is getting offended by some guy calling you by your last name, which is in the name of his radio show (“Bernstein & Holmes”).

I think Bernstein probably hates the fact that some blog site and its personalities could grow so popular in such a relatively short amount of time, while he had to build his radio career the old school way over years and years.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

No apology from Bernstein.  He never mentioned it.  The Stoolie war is definitely on.  I can’t imagine how they will try to filter and field calls today.

I don't think he really has an out, I think ignoring it is the right play. He's not going to apologize (just admit he was being a crank and he should have been more embracing to new blood) and I would think he realizes he isn't going to win this battle, especially since he was the one being the douche, Eddie did zero wrong. He could take the route of attacking Barstool and Portnoy for his "rally the troop" efforts but that just puts more gas on the still burning fire. 

So you ignore it, wait until there is something else for people to turn their attention to, which is usually in about 45 minutes with our culture, so that's probably what I'd advise as well

19 minutes ago, Tony said:

I don't think he really has an out, I think ignoring it is the right play. He's not going to apologize (just admit he was being a crank and he should have been more embracing to new blood) and I would think he realizes he isn't going to win this battle, especially since he was the one being the douche, Eddie did zero wrong. He could take the route of attacking Barstool and Portnoy for his "rally the troop" efforts but that just puts more gas on the still burning fire. 

So you ignore it, wait until there is something else for people to turn their attention to, which is usually in about 45 minutes with our culture, so that's probably what I'd advise as well

Agreed.  Man, that extra footage of Holmes/Bernstein mouthing to each other what happened makes it look even weaker, haha.

It’s such a petty s%*# move by Dan, total unforced error.  Be professional.   he is the voice and big name of that station and he couldn’t act like a fucking adult for a five minute crosstalk because a guy on the other side works with some shitty people.  Guess what Dan, North and McNeil also have some shitty takes and tweets in their history and you worked with them for years, and also DAN HIMSELF HAS BEEN SUSPENDED FOR SEXIST TWEETS.

for a guy who has a thing about telling people to be professional, he sure didn’t follow his own advice 

• Thanks 1