Sports Media discussion

QUOTE (mr_genius @ May 3, 2013 -> 04:51 PM)
i believe Balta said the videos were very offensive to him and he wrote a letter to CSN demanding her resignation. looks like he got his wish.

Someone did something involving ice? what?

QUOTE (Jake @ May 3, 2013 -> 04:22 PM)
Okay, this isn't Chicago media but it is the funniest thing I've ever seen: Amazing Bob Ley Moment

LOLOLOLOL. Like I don't even get why he's reacting like that.

Also, I just watched those YouTube videos from Collins. They're so bad. It sucks that she got fired for the slip, but she wasn't very good at her job and I'm somewhat happy she's gone.

QUOTE (IowanSoxFan @ May 3, 2013 -> 06:34 PM)
LOLOLOLOL. Like I don't even get why he's reacting like that.

I can't tell if that's a reaction or just a senior moment in progress. I don't know why a human being would ever be making that face or moving their head like that.

I actually liked Susannah Collins. :ph34r: I thought she had the right personality for her job. Down to earth, snarky, everything you'd want the "dream sports girl" to be. She's also really beautiful. She may not be Sarah Kustok, but she was the best thing at CSN since Kustok left for YES.

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ May 4, 2013 -> 03:27 PM)
Article in the Trib said it was a letter from Rocky to CSN that asked for her to be removed from Hawks broadcasts. Not sure why CSN had to fire her then. Couldn't put her somewhere else?

I'm still waiting for them to fire Bobby Hull and Patrick Kane for much worse...

Briefly turned into ESPN 1000 today. My gosh, that show is unlistenable. Jurko is worse than Boers. At least Boers doesn't sidetrack from the discussion of which he adds little, but Jurko does not add anything to the discussion and always detracts from it. How soon til the morning show is changed? Feel bad for Carmen because he can and has proven to be a good radio host, but Jurko is gonna bring him down.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 6, 2013 -> 01:53 PM)
Feel bad for Carmen because he can and has proven to be a good radio host, but Jurko is gonna bring him down.

Much like when Law Holmes finally got his shot and they put f***ing Dan Hampton with him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 4, 2013 -> 03:52 PM)
I'm still waiting for them to fire Bobby Hull and Patrick Kane for much worse...

Why? Bobby Hull is only a horrible wife-beater, Collins took part in a comedy satire show fer godsakes.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 6, 2013 -> 10:49 AM)
You can not like Bernstein all you want, but he nailed it here:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/05/05/ber...ire-bobby-hull/

Bernstein's totally correct here.

Ultimately, I don't think Carmen will last because he has a fake persona that he puts out there. He seems like he has melded McNeil & mike north into his radio persona. He does mcneil's food and entertainment "takes" and has North's phony "Italian" thing going - right down to the wise guy accent that he uses from time to time.

Susannah Collins on her firing-

As most of you know by now, I had a slip-up last week on the air while covering the Blackhawks playoff series. As a result of the attention it received, an old web-based sports comedy series I participated in several years ago came to light. The intention of that show was to present a satirical, tongue-in-cheek approach to sports but, unfortunately, some of the material it contained was off-color and offensive. I understand why some may have been offended by it and for this I am truly sorry. To be clear, that show in no way reflects my personal opinions.

It has always been my dream to cover my hometown teams on the network I loved watching. I have worked tirelessly to develop my skills as a sports reporter, anchor and host, and I want to thank the city of Chicago for allowing me that opportunity. The outpouring of support I have received is overwhelming and it will remain in my heart, as will Chicago. Always.

--Susannah

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 7, 2013 -> 11:55 AM)
Susannah Collins on her firing-

As most of you know by now, I had a slip-up last week on the air while covering the Blackhawks playoff series. As a result of the attention it received, an old web-based sports comedy series I participated in several years ago came to light. The intention of that show was to present a satirical, tongue-in-cheek approach to sports but, unfortunately, some of the material it contained was off-color and offensive. I understand why some may have been offended by it and for this I am truly sorry. To be clear, that show in no way reflects my personal opinions.

It has always been my dream to cover my hometown teams on the network I loved watching. I have worked tirelessly to develop my skills as a sports reporter, anchor and host, and I want to thank the city of Chicago for allowing me that opportunity. The outpouring of support I have received is overwhelming and it will remain in my heart, as will Chicago. Always.

--Susannah

"The show was a joke, and I still don't know see what the big freaking deal is. But since I don't want burn any future bridges in Chicago, because I'd like to get another job in town, here is a BS "heartfelt" apology."

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 7, 2013 -> 01:53 PM)
The "I'm sorry that some may have been offended" non-apology is perfectly appropriate in this case.

Yeah. I thought she pulled that statement off rather well. She's a piece of ass with the public behind her, she'll land on her feet.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 7, 2013 -> 02:15 PM)
Yeah. I thought she pulled that statement off rather well. She's a piece of ass with the public behind her, she'll land on her feet.

There are a few other places she could land that I would be perfectly OK with. Like in my bedroom.