Trade possibility - Dewayne Wise to Yankees

peteward

QUOTE (southside_hitman @ Mar 6, 2013 -> 07:29 PM)
I would would appreciate it if you did not reply to my posts or send me any further private messages.

I will afford you the same courtesy.

Thanks.

SSHM.

What are you upset about? I thought the response was appropriate. ;)

QUOTE (southside_hitman @ Mar 6, 2013 -> 12:29 PM)
I would would appreciate it if you did not reply to my posts or send me any further private messages.

I will afford you the same courtesy.

Thanks.

SSHM.

Hey genius, it's a discussion board, and people are going to reply. You can always put KyYle on ignore, but that'd be a disservice to you since he's one of the board's best and longest-tenured posters.

Of course, you're a rock solid 47 posts deep, so I guess you've earned the right?

gtfo2.gif

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 6, 2013 -> 08:20 AM)
If you are holding out for a decent prospect in return for Wise, then you have to know he is going nowhere. He is a serviceable 4th OF, he isnt a hot commodity, he can be replaced without making a trade like that.

The yanks need a first baseman Texeira, how about konerko what would he bring in terms of prospects. Loman or possibly Viciedo could play first or even Dunn could play first or we could get a prospect from the yankees that could add to our future. of course would they if the sox feel they can compete this year or if they don't believe they can and paul agrees on waiving his no trade clause to go to New york.

The yanks need a first baseman Texeira, how about konerko what would he bring in terms of prospects. Loman or possibly Viciedo could play first or even Dunn could play first or we could get a prospect from the yankees that could add to our future. of course would they if the sox feel they can compete this year or if they don't believe they can and paul agrees on waiving his no trade clause to go to New york.

Tex is only out 8-10 weeks and we're still 3½ weeks away from the start of the season, so there's no way they give up anything valuable for someone who will be on the bench for 3/4 of the season.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 7, 2013 -> 06:42 AM)
Tex is only out 8-10 weeks and we're still 3½ weeks away from the start of the season, so there's no way they give up anything valuable for someone who will be on the bench for 3/4 of the season.

And let's not forget that Konerko makes $13.5 million this year and his hit to the Yankees would be roughly $20 million due to the luxury tax.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Mar 7, 2013 -> 07:21 AM)
And let's not forget that Konerko makes $13.5 million this year and his hit to the Yankees would be roughly $20 million due to the luxury tax.

And the Yankees are trying really hard to get under that luxury tax number.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 7, 2013 -> 07:40 AM)
The last thing the Yankees is need is another slow, aging, expensive player.

I dont mind them acquiring these though. Doesnt bother me.

Not that I want Konerko to go

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 7, 2013 -> 08:38 AM)
And the Yankees are trying really hard to get under that luxury tax number.

Konerko's deal expires this year though right? So he'd be a stopgap that wouldn't impact their ability to get under the tax for next year.