Big 10 Tournament Thread

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 01:07 PM)
INDIANA IS BACK BTT QUARTERFINAL CHAMPS #1 HOOSIERS!!! #BANNERSIX #BTOWN4LYFE

Iowa would probably hang a banner for that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 01:07 PM)
Well, that was better than last time.

I disagree. No floor rush = not better.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 01:11 PM)
Wisconsin.

Michigan has more talent. Just impossible to believe that Crean after like 10 tries cant figure out a coaching plan to beat Wisconsin. Indiana match ups should just kill Wisconsin.

Thats what I woud think. They also dont want McGary beating up on Zeller.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 01:10 PM)
SO if you are Indiana, would you rather play Michigan or Wisconsin next?

Wisconsin. Hard to beat a team three times in one season. And as bonus, I want to get rid of that terrible streak against the Badgers.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 01:12 PM)
Exactly

Wont most years the 4-5 game be the best game of the day?

In the same way that the 1/8 would usually be the worst game of the day...

Also, 1 seed gets the most rest by having their side play in the morning each time.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 01:14 PM)
Wisconsin. Hard to beat a team three times in one season. And as bonus, I want to get rid of that terrible streak against the Badgers.

If they do play Michigan I would think they would have Oladipo on Burke from the start. Thats essentially what turned it around last time.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 01:12 PM)
Legit question, do people really call Bloomington btown?

I've never heard of it outside of Bloomington, but yes, it is very much a thing within Bloomington. I have a t-shirt that says B-Town, there are license plates with it, stores use it in their titles, etc.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 01:14 PM)
In the same way that the 1/8 would usually be the worst game of the day...

Also, 1 seed gets the most rest by having their side play in the morning each time.

If I was the 1 seed id rather play the early night game and then get the late afternoon game on Saturday.

Indiana gets 2 hours extra rest, not exactly life changing.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 01:09 PM)
Illinois was imitating Wisconsin when they get down in games. Just jack up 3s because that always is a good idea.

Well it isn't like we have a post threat (in fact throwing the ball inside to our big men is a terrible idea and I would flat out ignore them if I was a guard) and only Abrams and Paul can break someone down off the dribble on even a semi-consistent basis and neither is great at it. Not a ton of offensive options on this team other than to take and hope to make a lot of threes. I just hope that in the tourney against teams that don't have Illinois as well scouted they can have a couple of hot shooting games and maybe make the second weekend.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 01:18 PM)
If I was the 1 seed id rather play the early night game and then get the late afternoon game on Saturday.

Indiana gets 2 hours extra rest, not exactly life changing.

Wrong. If you play the early night game, it's over at 7:30. That's 6.5 hours extra rest in a tournament where you are trying to win 3 games in 3 days. Yes it's 2 hours compared to your opponent. Generally tournaments give #1 seeds the most rest as it is an advantage.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 01:18 PM)
Well it isn't like we have a post threat (in fact throwing the ball inside to our big men is a terrible idea and I would flat out ignore them if I was a guard) and only Abrams and Paul can break someone down off the dribble on even a semi-consistent basis and neither is great at it. Not a ton of offensive options on this team other than to take and hope to make a lot of threes. I just hope that in the tourney against teams that don't have Illinois as well scouted they can have a couple of hot shooting games and maybe make the second weekend.

Thats how I am going to pick them. They have the chance to knock down threes but also get into trouble against teams that are inferior to them. Ill be looking at post presence of the team they face for sure.