Big 10 Tournament Thread

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 12:06 PM)
I was thinking recently, whatever happened to him?

Basically he couldn't play. His situation was funny for a few reasons: 1) People were excited for him because he was 1st team All-State (I think) even though he didn't have amazing offers. 2) He didn't want to redshirt his first year even though Carmody told him he wouldn't play. 3) That was the same year Shurna came in, and a lot of people assumed NU offered Shurna in order to get Fruendt.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 12:08 PM)
Agree with this. I could maaaaybe even go slightly below that. For example, Matt Lottich supposedly had a 26 on his ACT when he went to Stanford. A 26 isn't going to get you even sniffed at for regular Stanford admissions, but it shows you're fairly intelligent.

I'm fairly sure they go a decent amount lower than that, especially for football. If I remember right, they were talking about a guy on the fringe that had like a 2.4 GPA and a 20/21 ACT, and they would have taken lower if his GPA were better (he ultimately didn't get in). It's hard to say though because they don't reveal their numbers as a private school.

You have to keep in mind what other schools will take though. Last time I looked at a list of average SAT scores, Georgia Tech was the highest by a fair margin at like 1000 (old scale, and private schools didn't have data). People also love to point to Sean Dockery at Duke, who got in with a 15 ACT.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

That was a terrible possession for Illinois. Ferrell bailed them out with the foul.

Krush, Dakich was asked on his radio show the other day why he's nice when broadcasting games but such a jerk on his show. His answer "I'm just the real me. Everybody that knows me personally knows I'm generally a jackass".

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 12:53 PM)
That was a terrible possession for Illinois. Ferrell bailed them out with the foul.

Krush, Dakich was asked on his radio show the other day why he's nice when broadcasting games but such a jerk on his show. His answer "I'm just the real me. Everybody that knows me personally knows I'm generally a jackass".

LOL. Sometimes Dakich is pretty good, can teach you a thing or two. Sometimes he makes you go "wtf." Tirico is really good so that helps the whole broadcast.