Big 10 Tournament Thread

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 04:21 PM)
Public service announcement for those going to the game. Don't drive down Madison st. Chicago is a grid system, use Jackson, Adams, Monroe, Washington or Randolph.

You could almost walk faster than a car going down Madison. Randolph is the best way, easy to get to parking as well. However don't use Washington, as you'll be driving the wrong way on a one way...

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 04:49 PM)
You could almost walk faster than a car going down Madison. Randolph is the best way, easy to get to parking as well. However don't use Washington, as you'll be driving the wrong way on a one way...

I meant to and from. Going to I would take Adams, there is actually free parking right next to the stadium on the street.

What new?

My Hawkeyes choking away another 2nd half lead.

17-4 Spartans run.

Oglesby had two looks at 3 to make it a 15 point lead, but continues to have no confidence.

Wilting down the stretch, too many turnovers.

19-4 run.

Iowa down 3 now and desperate for any offense.

24-4 run.

Jesus.

33-20 lead evaporated after they held off the Spartans for the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half.

Iowa always down 2-3 dominant athletes/wings when they play teams like MI, OSU or MSU.

Edited by caulfield12

As an Iowa State student, I despise Iowa and their fans. However, I feel for this team, they deserve to be in the NCAA tournament. They have choked away so many leads and have been competitive in almost every game, but a terrible loss at Nebraska is going to cost them.

You know it's bad when ISU fans are feeling sorry for you.

No NCAA appearances since 2006.

F--- Gary Barta for firing Dr. Tom Davis in 1998 and putting a curse on this entire program.

It used to be that we'd automatically get into the NCAA's almost every year, win the first round game and then come up against a superior ACC team and get it handed to us.

And then to watch that megalomaniac and prick Alford having success at Univ. of New Mexico. It sucks to be from Iowa and see your teams get destroyed by PAC 10 and SEC speed and never be able to recruit against it.

Same thing with going up against MSU, OSU, Illinois and Michigan in recruiting. At least Wisconsin has a winning coach, even though his talent level hasn't ever been much higher than Iowa's or ISU's or UNI's/Creighton.