Big 10 Tournament Thread

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 10:17 AM)
Illinois hasn't taken the time to get a quality look on offense yet. I've seen this movie before.

I was going to tell Krush, if Illinois is going to win, they better figure out how to score more than 51. But after seeing both teams shoot so far, I might be wrong. First one to 50 wins?

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Illini,

When they jump you out on the wing, you back cut. It's elementary basketball. Don't just stand there/move further away from the basket.

Sincerely,

Fan who thought this s*** would end when we fired Bruce Weber

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 11:16 AM)
Understandable but 13 years of status quo should be enough to try something else. There is bball talent all around the state of IL that leaks into MAC schools that they could keep home. I think you need someone who can actually recruit.

This has been something different. This is best sustained run of success NW has had since the 30's. The big problem there is getting kids who can qualify for NW, and still want to play basketball there. If they are any good, they are going somewhere better athletically too. That's why they look out of the country so often.

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 11:19 AM)
Dear Illini,

When they jump you out on the wing, you back cut. It's elementary basketball. Don't just stand there/move further away from the basket.

Sincerely,

Fan who thought this s*** would end when we fired Bruce Weber

Their PG play so far has been bad, real bad.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 08:41 AM)
Who's a NW fan here? Zoom? Didn't Carmody sign their best recruit ever and he's made it known that he'll leave if Carmody leaves?

Jaren Sina is one of the better recruits they've had. He was a 4-star pretty much everywhere before he committed to NU (that seems to happen a lot :lol: ). Right now he's rated similarly to Jitim Young (somewhere in the 80-120 range if I remember correctly) and Jerson Cobb (was like 90, fell below 100 in Rivals' spring update when he was recruited).

I don't know if he's come out and said exactly those words, but he (and his dad, who I believe is his coach) have said something like "he will have to seriously reconsider his options if Bill Carmody is not retained."

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 11:25 AM)
Gracias. I figured I'd have to find one of those rebroadcast illegal versions.

WATCHESPN or ESPN3 works.

I almost forgot this was the early game until I saw a bunch of older IU fans at breakfast on their mac laptops posting on peegs at palace this morning.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 11:28 AM)
lol

This game is going to get out of hand if the refs let Indiana bump Illinois down the court Purdue style.

Well Illinois should have known they weren't going to call fouls on IU, that's a given in this situation.