North Korea

HuskyCaucasian

Upping the crazy another notch...

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2013...ts-tokyo/64163/

"North Korea warned Japan Friday that Tokyo would be the first target in the event of a war on the Korean Peninsula if it continues to maintain its hostile posture," reports South Korea's Yonhap News Agency this morning in America, by way of a report from the DPRK's state-run Korean Central News Agency. "Japan always remains a target of the DPRK's revolutionary armed forces. Once Japan makes even a slight provocation against the DPRK, the former will be hard hit before any others," the report adds.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 09:06 AM)
These are the boots their soldiers wear. I think we'll be ok.

North-Korea-1823823.jpg

Are those hats just supposed to make them look taller? because i can't see any functionality in those things sitting on top the head like a chia toupe

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 04:49 PM)
Are those hats just supposed to make them look taller? because i can't see any functionality in those things sitting on top the head like a chia toupe

Probably just for ceremonies and whatnot

• 1 month later...

So this is old but for some reason 60 minutes replayed it this last Sunday (yes, i'm 52 and like to watch 60 minutes) and I found it utterly amazing. They interviewed a guy that escaped from a North Korean labor camp. There's actually a thing called generational punishment there. This guys dad and grandfather fought in the Korean war, so they were put into a camp. As a "gift" for good behavior, his dad was able to "marry" his mom (kept separate, but allowed to see each other when a guard noted they exhibited good behavior). He was born in the camp and grew up there for the first 23 years of his life. The generational punishment is basically to kill of any lineage of someone that defied the supreme leader (even though odd that they're allowed to have kids in the camp). This kid saw some brutal stuff - kids being beaten to death for taking too many kernels of corn, people being executed on a routine basis and having to watch, etc. It's a complete mind trip since he had no idea what "love" meant. He had no idea what family actually meant. He said watching the executions was actually a good part of his day because it was something different. Turns out this guy actually turned his mother and brother in for some rules violation and they were executed (after he himself was tortured), and he felt no emotion about it at the time. He knew it was the "right" thing to do because of how he was brought up in the camp. Just an amazing story.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50136263n

I hate playing the world's police, but this s*** just can't be allowed in the world in 2013. We should be bombing the s*** out of every NK government building and liberating these people. I know realistically we can't, but it's pretty sickening that we continue to appease Kim Jung Un with food and supplies and whatnot when he's treating his people this way.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 22, 2013 -> 11:42 AM)
Bombing the s*** out of NK will result in 1) lots of dead NK's 2) lots of dead SK's, also possibly Japanese. Hundreds of thousands if not millions.

I realize that. But at the same time we're also helping this f***er by giving him food, resources, money, etc. That's just wrong IMO.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 22, 2013 -> 11:55 AM)
Sometimes there is no answer that isn't complete s***. Sanctions don't really punish the people at the top, they punish millions of civilians.

Given the choice of punishing innocents or helping them, I believe we should help the innocent. But, in the darkness of my heart, I really prefer jenk's idea.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 22, 2013 -> 11:55 AM)
Sometimes there is no answer that isn't complete s***. Sanctions don't really punish the people at the top, they punish millions of civilians.

That isn't going to change anything here.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 22, 2013 -> 12:40 PM)
Given the choice of punishing innocents or helping them, I believe we should help the innocent. But, in the darkness of my heart, I really prefer jenk's idea.

I don't see how it's our choice to make, though, when the lives on the line are those in East Asia and not in the US.