Fantasy Keepers?

typewritermender

Hey all,

I'm playing in an auction draft points league with 3 keepers. First year (this year), you get to keep 3 players at no inflation from their draft price.

I'm def. keeping Chris Sale ($5) and Edwin Encarnacion ($1) and am having tons of trouble picking my 3rd keeper. Figured I'd get some second opinions. Should I keep:

Verlander ($27)

Darvish ($9)

or Chapman ($1)

I go hard after pitching, and will probably try to get Verlander back if I let him go (he's currently ranked at $29 for this year's draft, and my league tends to overspend on top players, so he might go for more like $33). It's seeming more and more likely that chapman will be a closer, so I'm starting to lean away from him.

What do you guys think?

Anyone else struggling with fantasy offseason stuff feel free to post.

QUOTE (typewritermender @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 09:33 AM)
Hey all,

I'm playing in an auction draft points league with 3 keepers. First year (this year), you get to keep 3 players at no inflation from their draft price.

I'm def. keeping Chris Sale ($5) and Edwin Encarnacion ($1) and am having tons of trouble picking my 3rd keeper. Figured I'd get some second opinions. Should I keep:

Verlander ($27)

Darvish ($9)

or Chapman ($1)

I go hard after pitching, and will probably try to get Verlander back if I let him go (he's currently ranked at $29 for this year's draft, and my league tends to overspend on top players, so he might go for more like $33). It's seeming more and more likely that chapman will be a closer, so I'm starting to lean away from him.

What do you guys think?

Anyone else struggling with fantasy offseason stuff feel free to post.

pitching is overrated, as it's incredibly deep. no sluggers??

and my credibility is that I'm awesome at fantasy baseball. like... seriously good at it. I've won my serious keeper league 2 of the last 4 years and was third the other two. It's H2H, and even though my record last year was something like 30 games ahead of the pack, got unlucky in the playoffs.

point is, I never keep pitching. Pretty much ever. I'm ditching Cain, Bumgarner AND Sale.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 19, 2013 -> 03:42 PM)
pitching is overrated, as it's incredibly deep. no sluggers??

and my credibility is that I'm awesome at fantasy baseball. like... seriously good at it. I've won my serious keeper league 2 of the last 4 years and was third the other two. It's H2H, and even though my record last year was something like 30 games ahead of the pack, got unlucky in the playoffs.

point is, I never keep pitching. Pretty much ever. I'm ditching Cain, Bumgarner AND Sale.

I've got Stanton for 25. But I don't really get the point of keeping stars who cost me a lot last year. With only 3 keepers, there will be plenty of those to draft, while guys like Sale and Encarnacion, I have at a crazy good price.

• 2 weeks later...