High school

Guest wsc425

Guest wsc425

Hi.

I'm starting high school and I'm really nervous. I gotta make the grades, play football and my main goal, establish a group. Yeah its pathetic I'm 15 and I have a group without chicks. Haven't got action yet, but I guess thats ok. Any suggestions for high school? I'm pretty anti social but everytime I go up to a girl I get SOOO nevous.

Serious posts guys, this is important to me.

Ross

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just be yourself. As long as you do that you'll make friends. You don't want to make friends with people because you don't act your way, cause they aren't real friends.

As long as your yourself I think things will be fine. Also, the more you talk to girls, the easier it gets...well sorta...cause its also the more confused ya'll get.

Don't even try with HS girls. They don't have a clue what they want (well, most of them). Don't be intimidated by the upper classmen; only a select few are a bunch of testosterone driven jagoffs.

Just try and get good grades, have fun, and be yourself.

Oh ya, almost forgot...first thing you do is beat the s*** out of some schmuck that looks at you wrong. After that you'll have everyones respect and you'll do the raping instead of being the rapen.

Oh wait, nevermind...thats for your first day in prison :D

Oh ya, almost forgot...first thing you do is beat the s*** out of some schmuck that looks at you wrong.  After that you'll have everyones respect and you'll do the raping instead of being the rapen.

Oh wait, nevermind...thats for your first day in prison  :D

You know much abouth this, Jas? :bringit

Dude, don't worry about high school, it's not much more than a bigger grammar school. Nothing to be nervous about, you'll get the hang of it in a day. High school to college is a much bigger step and much more important, something i have to face this year.....i'm a senior.

You dont need to establish a group dude. I dont have one. I just met people I had a lot in common with and a lot are now great friends. Just because you think some kid is just the kinda kid you only say hi to in the halls, dont just let it stay that way. My best friends used to be like that. Same thing could happen with chicks. Gotta be outgoing. Im gonna be a junior now and when you get here, youll feel the same way I do. You feel superior to all lowerclassmen. They know it too. Seniors (ones I dont know) may look at me wrong and I wont say a thing but no sophomore or freshman (no matter how cool) looks at me or any other junior wrong. We have an unspoken hierarchy. Survive freshmen year and high school will be a blast man...

Dude, don't worry about high school, it's not much more than a bigger grammar school.  Nothing to be nervous about, you'll get the hang of it in a day.  High school to college is a much bigger step and much more important, something i have to face this year.....i'm a senior.

Anybody who says high school is the best 4 years of life is insane.

A few nights ago on Comedy Central, a comedian put my thoughts on high school into the perfect perspective. "My counselor always said that high school was the best time of my life. Yeah, clumsy hormone raging kids running around from class to class, sounds great! So, I graduated and then was driving a few years later in Colorado getting head from my girlfriend in the car. I thought, hey this is better than high school, right? This is much better then high school. I wanted to call my counselor and tell him he was a liar. Then the car in front of us stopped short and my girlfriend got surprised and bit down on my dick...but even that was still better than high school."

High school to college isn't that much of a bigger step. I went from a 1200 person high school to over 35000 in college. It's very easy once you meet a couple people [read as: get involved in something you are interested in and meet likeminded people] and get your bearings about doing laundry, etc. It's a helluva lot of fun. Damnit, I can't wait for move in day Sunday. :)

college is weird though, cos you don't make the same bonds as you do with your high school friends. Or at least as many. I have a bunch of close friends from high school still, but only a few from college. I don't know how similar that is. Just wait til you're old and grey like me...you'll be ready to mellow out and have a family.

who knows....it's fun while you're there. Go to Texas A&M and meet Mary Beth from Road Rules...she works at "The Tap" Now THAT'S college life....

Anybody who says high school is the best 4 years of life is insane.

Call me insane, it will likely have been the best 5 years of my life. College is too expensive to allow me to do the s*** I did in high school. High School was the best part of my life that I don't miss for a second. What's with this s*** about groups, find out where the party is and go, period(that covers the girls question too for a good part). You want a real tip though, be as nice to the ugly chicks as the hot ones(it tricks the hot ones into thinking you're really a nice guy). Shower them with bulls*** praise and they'll come around. That's it for me!(cue George Costanza exit)

Basically a lot of good stuff has been said. High school is not the best times of your life, that's a crock. It's definitely better than jr high though. Freshman year can be tough. It's useful to make friends with some older kids, but not a must. Basically you don't "make" friends, it just happens. You find people that you have stuff in common with and then you tend to become friends. It's intimidating at first though. Your best off to just concentrate on schoolwork (which isn't as bad as it was hyped for me) and everything else will fall into place. Freshman year basically blows. Sophomore year is much better, and by the end of sophomore year you may even begin to like high school (ya know other than the schoolwork ;)).

As for girls....high school relationships don't last long, so they aren't a big deal. Most girls at my school are spoiled brats (comes with being in a rich area), but sluts are common. Whether that's good or not is up to personal taste. ;)

college is weird though, cos you don't make the same bonds as you do with your high school friends. Or at least as many. I have a bunch of close friends from high school still, but only a few from college. I don't know how similar that is. Just wait til you're old and grey like me...you'll be ready to mellow out and have a family.

who knows....it's fun while you're there. Go to Texas A&M and meet Mary Beth from Road Rules...she works at "The Tap" Now THAT'S college life....

With me, I got my college buds, but my best relationships are with my highschool buds. We are always doing something or another and have great trust, probably cause we've been friends for YEARS.

Of course I still got a while in college, but I think the big thing is, in highschool you just hang out with your friends all day long, but in college you go, hang out with friends there, then work and do other things.

But still, its not hard to make friends, just be yourself and you'll meet people.

Hi.

I'm starting high school and I'm really nervous. I gotta make the grades, play football and my main goal, establish a group. Yeah its pathetic I'm 15 and I have a group without chicks. Haven't got action yet, but I guess thats ok. Any suggestions for high school? I'm pretty anti social but everytime I go up to a girl I get SOOO nevous.

Ross

You're barely starting HS and you're 15? WTF? I was 13 when I started. :huh:

Hi.

Ross

First off, wsc, don't worry so much about forming a group, unless you're one of those David Koresh types. Nothing makes a person look goofier than when he/she is trying too hard to fit in. Just be yourself, and other like-minded souls will find you, and vice-versa.

Do SOMETHING extra-curricular. Whether it's a club, sport, student gov't, whatever. If it's something that interests you, go for it, and don't take crap from anyone if your thing happens to be the chess club, model airplane club, needlepoint group, whatever.

OK girls. Unless you're the star football player, artsy-musician guy, or someone who somehow manages to avoid all the acne, braces, and lack of confidence that usually accompanies adolescence, you ain't getting laid anytime soon, and that's OK. Get a Penthouse and a bottle of Jergens, and relax, the babes will come eventually, unless it's junior year and you still aren't using deodorant and pick your nose in public.

Embrace the awkwardness and nerves, it's completely normal. Just try to not worry about what anybody else thinks. I know, this is one of the hardest things for a high school kid to do. But, if you stick to trusting yourself and follow your own desires and instincts, you'll never regret it, regardless of the fact that your love of ham radio gets you a wedgie every thursday.

Guest wsc425
Hi.

Ross

First off, wsc, don't worry so much about forming a group, unless you're one of those David Koresh types. Nothing makes a person look goofier than when he/she is trying too hard to fit in. Just be yourself, and other like-minded souls will find you, and vice-versa.

Do SOMETHING extra-curricular. Whether it's a club, sport, student gov't, whatever. If it's something that interests you, go for it, and don't take crap from anyone if your thing happens to be the chess club, model airplane club, needlepoint group, whatever.

OK girls. Unless you're the star football player, artsy-musician guy, or someone who somehow manages to avoid all the acne, braces, and lack of confidence that usually accompanies adolescence, you ain't getting laid anytime soon, and that's OK. Get a Penthouse and a bottle of Jergens, and relax, the babes will come eventually, unless it's junior year and you still aren't using deodorant and pick your nose in public.

Embrace the awkwardness and nerves, it's completely normal. Just try to not worry about what anybody else thinks. I know, this is one of the hardest things for a high school kid to do. But, if you stick to trusting yourself and follow your own desires and instincts, you'll never regret it, regardless of the fact that your love of ham radio gets you a wedgie every thursday.

Well I'm doing football and am playing Wide Receiver and Linebacker. They may move me on offense.

As for friends, I'm trying to hard, but I guess I could be myself, but I need comebacks. I need come backs because ppl insult me a lot, and I just beat the crap outta them.

Guest wsc425
Hi.

Ross

Well I'm doing football and am playing Wide Receiver and Linebacker. They may move me on offense.

As for friends, I'm trying to hard, but I guess I could be myself, but I need comebacks. I need come backs because ppl insult me a lot, and I just beat the crap outta them.

Hi.

Ross

Not everyone is born with a rapier-like wit. And lots of high school guys use insults as a way of "male-bonding." Maybe you're taking these insults too seriously?

How about an example? Maybe I could drum up a few zingers for ya.

Well if college is anything like animal house, ill be ok with it  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Only if you're lucky enough not to pay for it. The biggest reason high school was fun was that I didn't need a job to help the parental units pay for tuition, but college is a wee-bit more expensive.

It's still a blast though, and I highly recommend to anyone who has the means to get the hell out of your house for college. As for high school.. Bla... I had fun, did things I'm "not supposed to," and made some good friends, but damn, there's not enough money in the world to make me live those 4 years over again. Thank God that's done with.

Oh, and high school girls are, for the most part, manipulative b****ES (though, some don't change that much afterwards, either).