Whats a broke Indiana boy to do

2nd_city_saint787

Alright so today I start work in Downtown Chicago, about a block away from Marina City, but I have a bit of a problem. I work till 11pm and the next train to Indiana doesn't leave until 1245a....As a guy just starting work I obviously have no money yet. I'm looking for suggestions on what, if anything, I can do for an hour and a half to kill time with no money. I'd really hate to sit at the train station for that long, esp considering I don't have a smart phone or anything yet.

I can probably come up with 5 bucks, can I go get 1 drink somewhere and baby sit it for an hour or so? Any other suggestions?? I'm an indiana boy so I dont really have any friends in the city.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 12:19 PM)
werent you bragging after the bulls game yesterday that you got a free lap dance and drinks at work?

Stay at work

Negative. I was celebrating me getting a job, not at my job.

I'm working security at a 711, there's really no room for me to stand around with the other guard.

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 01:31 PM)
I don't know which station you're using, but there are bars in Union that aren't too expensive. I doubt you'll find anything outside of a train station where you can hang out for $5.

He'd be going the opposite way from Union station over to Michigan Ave.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 11:01 AM)
Alright so today I start work in Downtown Chicago, about a block away from Marina City, but I have a bit of a problem. I work till 11pm and the next train to Indiana doesn't leave until 1245a....As a guy just starting work I obviously have no money yet. I'm looking for suggestions on what, if anything, I can do for an hour and a half to kill time with no money. I'd really hate to sit at the train station for that long, esp considering I don't have a smart phone or anything yet.

I can probably come up with 5 bucks, can I go get 1 drink somewhere and baby sit it for an hour or so? Any other suggestions?? I'm an indiana boy so I dont really have any friends in the city.

f*** around on your phone? download the kindle app and read a book? bring a book? plenty of options...

:ph34r:

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 12:49 PM)
Buy a drink at 7-11, drink in train station with brown bag.

This happened. You win.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 02:13 PM)
Any chance you can alter your schedule to work one extra hour?

Supposed to call the boss man tomorrow about scheduling.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 02:47 PM)
if you didnt go to the titty bar yesterday you would have more than 5 dollars

:D

It was all free sir, remember!

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 07:00 PM)
f*** around on your phone? download the kindle app and read a book? bring a book? plenty of options...

You missed the part where I said i have a turrable phone. I don't even have the android market...

BTW my god did work suck. 8 hours standing on my feet and only really conversing with guys who I can't understand....Only bright spot was I did get a business card from the security manager at Dana Hotel and he wants me to fax him a resume so thats a plus..

Instead of making a new Jobs thread I'll go ahead and hijack my own thread....

The 711 security job was only temporary and has already ended. My boss told me Sunday that he would call me yesterday about a new location, I received no such call. I've been a pest (about my hours) ever since being hired and I'd hate to continue being such by calling him despite him being pretty adamant about him calling me. Should I forget about that and call him anyway?

During orientation I overheard a conversation about them hiring too many people and having to have people wait to work so I'm thinking I may fall into this category.

Would sending a text be unprofessional? He's texted me once before.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 11:28 AM)
Instead of making a new Jobs thread I'll go ahead and hijack my own thread....

The 711 security job was only temporary and has already ended. My boss told me Sunday that he would call me yesterday about a new location, I received no such call. I've been a pest (about my hours) ever since being hired and I'd hate to continue being such by calling him despite him being pretty adamant about him calling me. Should I forget about that and call him anyway?

During orientation I overheard a conversation about them hiring too many people and having to have people wait to work so I'm thinking I may fall into this category.

Would sending a text be unprofessional? He's texted me once before.

Not at all. Ask.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 11:40 AM)
Advanced Security Solutions.

My brother in law works for Monterrey Security, they have him all over the place. Sears center, Toyota park, Soldier Field. Maybe you should check them out