Breaking News: Sox acquire Scott Sullivan

Chisoxfn

As a Chicago sports fan, im pretty god damn tired of waiting for the future. I understand what you are saying, and i could be fine with it if we were the Yanks,or the Braves, but were not, were a franchise that hasnt won the show since any of us have been around.

Im not going to say "f*** the future" cause i dont feel that way, but i do applaude KW for his efforts to try and give this team enough to work around a horse s*** manager.

tony i feel your pain believe me i do.. but if it werent a pipe dream and someone was really tryin to put together something awesome here then we would just drop the whole ball and get guys like bonds et el... to play for us for one season to win it all....... patching up this s*** with a stitch here and some glue there isnt exactly throwing together a contending team........hell we wouldnt even be in any race right now if we were still considered the west division.........good thing our division sucks so badly its the only thing keepin us alive......just some food for thought...... ;)

Are you even a Sox fan, or just some big mouth who criticizes everything?

Why don't YOU shut the f*** up with your constant negativity.

I assume you would be happier with a non contending club so you have more to b**** about?

YOU NEED TO GET LAID. :dips***

Thank God, I thought I was the only one who thought this.

Everything is negative and...her posts....are so.. :angry: ..annoying to read.. :bang ..because of all.... the ...... & :finger ....smilies all over the messages.

Another thing, is this chick even hot? Or is it like the big fat guy on my softball team that we call Tiny?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=mlb

The White Sox are responsible for half of Sullivan's $596,000 salary.

"The waiver wire complicates things, but you have to play the blocking game and make sure competitors don't get your behind," Williams added. "You play the game, and if someone is out there you need and can afford, you make the deal work from a match-up standpoint. We were able to match up today."

I'm sick of you guys dumping on SOX prospects when they're traded.

Hummel is not left over junk.  He has remained the heir to either 2B or SS for the better part of 3 yrs.  The only reason he is not in a SOX uniform today is because Val coming off a solid year signed a home discount contract with the SOX, & Jimenez was once considered the highest prospect in the NYY organization.

Frankly speaking, there were accomplished Major leaguers that kept Hummel for stayin the MLs.

Here are his true numbers:

.284A 126G 468AB 72R  133H  78RBI  25DB 3TP  15HR  45BB 82K  9SB 3CS 349OBP, 447 SLG.

The numbers don't tell all of Hummel's success this year.  That's not a 284A built on a

mix of hot & cold months.  It's built on consistency month after month.

Led the Knights in hits (136), walks (51), sacrifice flies (9) , multi-hit games and ranked second in doubles (33).  Rated by Baseball America prior to the 2003 season as the No. 17 prospect in Sox organization.

Here's another stat many people over look R+RBI.

Hummel led the Knights this year in R+RBI.  Or what some call the $$$ stats.

Hummel: 72+78 = 150

Miles: 73+44 = 117

Borch: 49+49 = 98

This is as good a trade for the Reds as it is for the SOX.

They are picking up what amounts to the buy out price of Sullivans contract & receiving what amounts to the Knights best offensive player of the year in return.

Considering there are less than 35 gms in the season & the Reds are going no where,

that's a pretty good deal.

The Reds clearly have no plans to pick up Sully's option, so unless the SOX do they will still have a chance to pick him up as a FA.

Bottomline:

It was a good move by KW but he gave up a talented player in return.

You can't just snap your fingers and get whomever you want. If the Royals got this guy, the b****ing and moaning would be endless and then there would be a post about who the Royals gave up and why can't we make this deal. Sullivan is comparable to Jeff Nelson and the Yankees got gave up a major league closer that pitched in the World Series to get him.

Take a look at Jeff Suppan's numbers with the Red Sox, last three starts 0-1 8.82 and the guy they gave up, (Freddy Sanchez,) was a guy we would have traded Colon for a couple of months ago on this site.

Jugger, he is not a SS or 2B prospect, 3B is only position he will play everyday in the pros if you do not want to sacrifice defense.

You're wrong. If you check the game logs, Hummel has been playing the majority of his time at SS. They had to make room for Miles at 2B.

Hummel has always been tagged as a middle IF.

http://minorleaguebaseball.com/teams/box.a...=222&game=16549

As a Chicago sports fan, im pretty god damn tired of waiting for the future. I understand what you are saying, and i could be fine with it if we were the Yanks,or the Braves, but were not, were a franchise that hasnt won the show since any of us have been around.

Im not going to say "f*** the future" cause i dont feel that way, but i do applaude KW for his efforts to try and give this team enough to work around a horse s*** manager.

tony i feel your pain believe me i do.. but if it werent a pipe dream and someone was really tryin to put together something awesome here then we would just drop the whole ball and get guys like bonds et el... to play for us for one season to win it all....... patching up this s*** with a stitch here and some glue there isnt exactly throwing together a contending team........hell we wouldnt even be in any race right now if we were still considered the west division.........good thing our division sucks so badly its the only thing keepin us alive......just some food for thought...... ;)

I assume you would be happier with a non contending club so you have more to b**** about?

Everything is negative and...her posts....are so.. :angry: ..annoying to read.. :bang ..because of all.... the ...... & :finger ....smilies all over the messages.

Another thing, is this chick even hot? Or is it like the big fat guy on my softball team that we call Tiny?

My guess is the "Tiny" thing.

Maybe we should get a poll going. :D

I've got the details. With Nunez coming over from MTL & Miles emerging at 2B, Hummel

was playing 3B through 6/24. Hummel has been playing SS for the Knights since 6/25.

If you doubt Hummel's $$$ number of 150 (R+RBI) take a look a the game logs.

This guy's consistency of getting a hit a night was unreal.

I'll make a bold prediction right now:

He will be a starting IF for the Reds in 2004 (if they don't trade him that is ;) ).

My guess is the "Tiny" thing.

Maybe we should get a poll going. :D

She's.............probably got a .......good personality...though.

:P

And how is it KW's fault that he has f***ing 1/3 the payroll to work with than the Yankees?

I am sure he would prefer not inserting bandaids everywhere to improve this team incremently, but given the payroll he has to work with, he cannot outright buy a winner

You're wrong.  If you check the game logs, Hummel has been playing the majority of his time at SS. They had to make room for Miles at 2B.

Hummel has always been tagged as a middle IF.

http://minorleaguebaseball.com/teams/box.a...=222&game=16549

Not sure where you get your numbers, but Hummel has played 97 games at 3B, 30 at SS and 6 at 2B.

I do think he can play 2B as well as 3B, but he is likely more of a utility guy over the long haul.

According to the Media Guide Hummel was on the 40 man roster, so if he's the guy, that answers the question of whether a PTBNL can be on the 40.

I think it's a very nice trade. Maybe next year the Reds infield will include Hummel and Jiminez. The ghosts of White Sox past.

The trade was announced with Hummel as a PTBNL because Hummel has to clear waivers before the trade can be completed.

The ramifications of this trade. With Nunez & Hummel gone, someone will be promoted to the Knights to play SS.

I don't know who that is as but the Baron that has been playing there is having a piss-poor year. He's been hitting of late, but

Reyes, Guillermo .193A 105G 337AB 36R 65H 9DB 2TP 4HR 32RBI 31BB 67K 14SB 8CS .267OBP .265SLG 18E

Is not going to cut it in AAA.

The SOX have nothing in the ml's to step into SS any time soon.

Does this spell Tejada in 2004? Only time will tell.

Assuming Koney will continue to rebound I do not expect him in a SOX uni in 2004.

That's $ better spent at SS & there are plenty of NL teams that would be interested in Koney.

1. No way the Reds want a high priced player, so you can forget Konerko or Koch. that's not gonna happen.

2. Even though a guy is on the disabled list today, that doesn't mean that he won't be the guy later. Both teams agree it's Joe Blow with the sprained ankle, then we Joe gets healthy, he can be the ptbnl.

3. I agree Borchard has been disappointing, but I don't see the White Sox forgetting the 5 million they already gave him. They'll keep him in the minors for six years in hopes of him finding his way.

Guys on the disabled list are often PTBNL. The reason they make them PTBNL is because of that.

With the Sox still paying some of his salary, I'm guessing you'll see a backup of some sort get dealt. Maybe a Nik Lubisich at best.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=mlb

The White Sox are responsible for half of Sullivan's $596,000 salary.

"The waiver wire complicates things, but you have to play the blocking game and make sure competitors don't get your behind," Williams added. "You play the game, and if someone is out there you need and can afford, you make the deal work from a match-up standpoint. We were able to match up today."

I'm sick of you guys dumping on SOX prospects when they're traded.

Hummel is not left over junk.  He has remained the heir to either 2B or SS for the better part of 3 yrs.  The only reason he is not in a SOX uniform today is because Val coming off a solid year signed a home discount contract with the SOX, & Jimenez was once considered the highest prospect in the NYY organization.

Frankly speaking, there were accomplished Major leaguers that kept Hummel for stayin the MLs.

Here are his true numbers:

.284A 126G 468AB 72R  133H  78RBI  25DB 3TP  15HR  45BB 82K  9SB 3CS 349OBP, 447 SLG.

The numbers don't tell all of Hummel's success this year.  That's not a 284A built on a

mix of hot & cold months.  It's built on consistency month after month.

Led the Knights in hits (136), walks (51), sacrifice flies (9) , multi-hit games and ranked second in doubles (33).  Rated by Baseball America prior to the 2003 season as the No. 17 prospect in Sox organization.

Here's another stat many people over look R+RBI.

Hummel led the Knights this year in R+RBI.  Or what some call the $$$ stats.

Hummel: 72+78 = 150

Miles: 73+44 = 117

Borch: 49+49 = 98

This is as good a trade for the Reds as it is for the SOX.

They are picking up what amounts to the buy out price of Sullivans contract & receiving what amounts to the Knights best offensive player of the year in return.

Considering there are less than 35 gms in the season & the Reds are going no where,

that's a pretty good deal.

The Reds clearly have no plans to pick up Sully's option, so unless the SOX do they will still have a chance to pick him up as a FA.

Bottomline:

It was a good move by KW but he gave up a talented player in return.

I agree with you. I never knew a AAAer that could produce was junk. I think to get Sullivan you had to give up value and the Sox did that. Ya, I hoped that they would give up crap, but it ain't gonna happen most of the time.

The Sox likely blocked KC, who at the time of this deal had a better record, and then knew they had to reach an agreement and did just that.

The big thing now is what happens with the infield, cause the Sox no longer have someone who could step up from the minors next year and play 2nd or 3rd, which means we could be players in the free agent market next year if the Sox aren't willing to reup with Jose or Alomar.

By the sound of things, the Sox are gonna position themselves to win it all. If it doesn't happen, they'll get a crapload of picks, etc and then rebuild in a sense to once again try for it all.

I'll give KW credit and I only have great respect for Hummel in the minors. The guy is a very solid player who has a good eye and doesn't strike out.

What are the Reds going to do with him though? Is he going to play 2nd or ss with Jimenez at the other position?

And how is it KW's fault that he has f***ing 1/3 the payroll to work with than the Yankees?

I am sure he would prefer not inserting bandaids everywhere to improve this team incremently, but given the payroll he has to work with, he cannot outright buy a winner

Agreed, if he could just sign a bunch of guys and take on a ton of salary he wouldn't have to do this.

I know you dislike KW, HSC, but the guy is making some good moves and I at least have a lot of respect for the guy.

He's the first guy in my lifetime of watching the Sox that is willing to go out and try to win it all and isn't afraid. To me Kip Wells is the only guy proving it at the major league level that he dealt.

To a lesser extent there is Bradford, but we have Olivo and there is also Josh Fogg. I can't speak of the ones dealt this year, cause they haven't had the time to prove themselves, but I will say Kenny's trades filled holes and have made this team much more competitive.

The ramifications of this trade. With Nunez & Hummel gone, someone will be promoted to the Knights to play SS. 

I don't know who that is as but the Baron that has been playing there is having a piss-poor year. He's been hitting of late, but

Reyes, Guillermo .193A 105G 337AB 36R 65H 9DB 2TP 4HR 32RBI 31BB 67K 14SB 8CS .267OBP .265SLG 18E

Is not going to cut it in AAA.

The SOX have nothing in the ml's to step into SS any time soon.

Does this spell Tejada in 2004?  Only time will tell.

Assuming Koney will continue to rebound I do not expect him in a SOX uni in 2004.

That's $ better spent at SS & there are plenty of NL teams that would be interested in Koney.

Thats an intriguing idea, but I think it all comes down to whether Jose's option kicks in and that will depend on how Alomar/Crede are doing as well as how mnay lefties he faces.

But I'd trade Konerko's salary in a swap to soley free up money to sign Tejada. The money spent on him would be much more valuable, imo. Especially with Thomas/Daubach around. I think if the Sox made that move, they probably could bring Daubach back.

Did I miss something, where is Nunez going?

Chill out. She's just voicing her opinion, no need to attack her for it.

CWSOX45

CWSOX45

Yes, she is voicing her opinion but she is an idiot with her ignorance. KW cannot help it that he has freaking 50 million to work with.

So quit the f***ing b****ing.....

I am sure she knows everything though, given how well she knew KW was fired in the middle of the season

CWSOX45

Yes, she is voicing her opinion but she is an idiot with her ignorance. KW cannot help it that he has freaking 50 million to work with.

So quit the f***ing b****ing.....

I am sure she knows everything though, given how well she knew KW was fired in the middle of the season

She's had some pretty accurate information in the past. Can you really blame her for being skeptical? I think the namecalling is out of line.