Breaking News: Sox acquire Scott Sullivan

Chisoxfn

I am fully aware that she has 9000 posts, and I have 20.

That does not mean a thing to me. I have as much right to voice my opinion as she does.

How can anyone around here enjoy the negative posts right in the middle of a penant race?????????/

I am realistic, so I know these races don't happen but 1-2 times a decade!!!!

Why knock everything down?

As far as I am concerned, go to the othr side of town and toot your "ALL KNOWING HORN".

Let us enjoy the damn race.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAWKISUMS

1.You can put it on the boardddd,YES!!!!

2.Gassssssss,He Gawn!

3. I love it when you analyze....

4.We whould like to thank all the lovley people out at Comcast Cable and all the

folks in Chicago IL., Chicago, YES!

5. Thats a Can of Corn for Carlos

6. Right Size, Wrong Shape

7. Sacks pack with Sox

8. Hunker down,and bow your neck

9. Sit back, Relax, and Strap It Down!

10. Mercy!

11.That's a hang whiffm

12.Should be... Rack Um Up! Double Play~

13. Strech,Get Out!

14.Chopper Two Hopper.

15.You can Cancel the Post game show.

16. Stay Fair... It Will!

17. Ducksnort basehit.

Tony, here's a few more...

-I know Hawk loves when you analyze, but also "I love email"

-When a player swings late on a fastball, he's "Tardy"

-"Cinch it up and hunker down"

-and of course, "The dreaded leadoff walk"

HAWKISUMS

2.Gassssssss,He Gawn!

4.We whould like to thank all the lovley people out at Comcast Cable and all the

7. Sacks pack with Sox

10. Mercy!

11.That's a hang whiffm

13. Strech,Get Out!

14.Chopper Two Hopper.

17. Ducksnort basehit.

and be a good 2 strike hitter, and carmine derriere

HAWKISUMS

2.Gassssssss,He Gawn!

7. Sacks pack with Sox

10. Mercy!

11.That's a hang whiffm

13. Strech,Get Out!

14.Chopper Two Hopper.

17. Ducksnort basehit.

"Ball four, basehit"

As a Chicago sports fan, im pretty god damn tired of waiting for the future. I understand what you are saying, and i could be fine with it if we were the Yanks,or the Braves, but were not, were a franchise that hasnt won the show since any of us have been around.

Im not going to say "f*** the future" cause i dont feel that way, but i do applaude KW for his efforts to try and give this team enough to work around a horse s*** manager.

tony i feel your pain believe me i do.. but if it werent a pipe dream and someone was really tryin to put together something awesome here then we would just drop the whole ball and get guys like bonds et el... to play for us for one season to win it all....... patching up this s*** with a stitch here and some glue there isnt exactly throwing together a contending team........hell we wouldnt even be in any race right now if we were still considered the west division.........good thing our division sucks so badly its the only thing keepin us alive......just some food for thought...... ;)

Are you even a Sox fan, or just some big mouth who criticizes everything?

Why don't YOU shut the f*** up with your constant negativity.

I assume you would be happier with a non contending club so you have more to b**** about?

YOU NEED TO GET LAID. :dips***

Chill out. She's just voicing her opinion, no need to attack her for it.

CWSOX45

Yes, she is voicing her opinion but she is an idiot with her ignorance. KW cannot help it that he has freaking 50 million to work with.

So quit the f***ing b****ing.....

I am sure she knows everything though, given how well she knew KW was fired in the middle of the season

Stop acting like a child. If you disagree with her than just tell her so, no need to say "f***in this" or "f***in that."

CWSOX45

HAWKISUMS

2.Gassssssss,He Gawn!

7. Sacks pack with Sox

10. Mercy!

11.That's a hang whiffm

13. Strech,Get Out!

14.Chopper Two Hopper.

17. Ducksnort basehit.

"Ball four, basehit"

c'mon Frank, one time, give 'em a thrill

Everybody chill! Let's continue to talk baseball. ;)

Here are all the toys in JM's toy box for him to play with:

starting lineup:

1. R Alomar 2B

2. C Lee LF

3. F Thomas DH/1B

4. M Ordonez RF

5. C Everett CF

6. P Konerko DH/1B

7. J Val SS (Graff)

8. J Crede 3B (Graff)

9. S Alomar C

Reserves:

10. T. Graff (All)

11. M. Olivo C

12. B. Daubach (1B,LF,RH,DH)

13. A. Rowand (LF,CF,RF)

14. W. Harris (LF,CF,RF,2B)

SP

1. M. Buehrle

2. B. Colon

3. E. Loaiza

4. J. Garland

5. N. Cotts

RP

6. D. Wright Long Relief

7. D. Marte Setup/Closer

8. T. Gordon Setup/Closer

9. S. Sullivan Long Relief

10. K. Wunsch Short Relief

11. M. Ginter Short Relief

That's the why I would rank the position players & relievers.

I don't know what the rest of you think, but that's a very talented team.

I can still see Koch returning & claiming Ginter's spot.

Solid addition. Hopefully now JM figures out how to use everyone effectively, instead of just Gordon and Marte. Sullivan sounds like a great guy. If we only gave up Hummel, I think its a great deal because he doesnt really have a future with us. I have to disagree with HSC, "adding glue here and there" is the only way that we can win the division right now and I'm liking what KW has done this season.

Everybody chill!    Let's continue to talk baseball. ;)

starting lineup:

1.  R Alomar 2B

2.  C Lee LF 

3.  F  Thomas DH/1B

4.  M Ordonez RF

5.  C Everett CF

6.  P Konerko DH/1B

7.  J  Val SS (Graff)

8.  J  Crede 3B (Graff)

9.  S Alomar C

Reserves:

10. T.  Graff (All)

11. M. Olivo C

13. A. Rowand (LF,CF,RF)

SP 

1. M. Buehrle

2. B. Colon

3. E. Loaiza

4. J. Garland

5. N. Cotts

RP

6. D. Wright Long Relief

7. D. Marte Setup/Closer

8. T. Gordon Setup/Closer

9. S. Sullivan Long Relief

10. K. Wunsch  Short Relief

11. M. Ginter    Short Relief

When did Ginter get called back up? Did I miss something or did you?

Koch won't be back til after the 1st, Book It!!!!!!

Everybody chill!    Let's continue to talk baseball. ;)

starting lineup:

1.  R Alomar 2B

2.  C Lee LF 

3.  F  Thomas DH/1B

4.  M Ordonez RF

5.  C Everett CF

6.  P Konerko DH/1B

7.  J  Val SS (Graff)

8.  J  Crede 3B (Graff)

9.  S Alomar C

Reserves:

10. T.  Graff (All)

11. M. Olivo C

13. A. Rowand (LF,CF,RF)

SP 

1. M. Buehrle

2. B. Colon

3. E. Loaiza

4. J. Garland

5. N. Cotts

RP

6. D. Wright Long Relief ®

7. D. Marte Setup/Closer (L)

8. T. Gordon Setup/Closer ®

9. S. Sullivan Long Relief ®

10. K. Wunsch  Short Relief (L)

11. S. Schoenweis Short Relief (L)

When did Ginter get called back up? Did I miss something or did you?

Koch won't be back til after the 1st, Book It!!!!!!

I forgot what I think most of us wanted to forget: the Schow trade.

Ok, I don't see Koch coming back until the roster expands ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1
The only reason I resorted to name calling is because that is one her specialties, and her constant negativity and "all knowing" attitude are wearing on me. :angry:

dont like what i have to say then dont f***in read it.. ok.. no ones forcin you to......get real..... at the begining of the season (soxfest to be exact) kw stated and i quote..... WE WILL DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO PUT A WINNING TEAM ON THE FIELD WE ARE DEDICATED TO BRINGING A WORLD SERIES WINNER TO COMISKEY PARK...... so that should include getting QUALITY players here instead of this trial and error b.s. hes been doing.....WHAT EVER IT TAKES means just that......you do all or nothing... and so far hes done patch work, while depleating anything we had in the farm system for the future......if he and the rest of the org. were totaly serious about putting a contending team on the field they would go out and get TOP calibur players..........think about this for a minute, the only thing thats even got us this far is the fact we are sitting in a s***TY DIVISION..... had we still been considered in the west we would have been toast a long time ago.....do you seriously think we will get past the likes of seattle, new york, boston (if they are the wild card) or oakland (if they are wild card) your fooling yourself......so if you want to sit around with your blinders on and hope and wish that we go somewhere, when we were basically promised we would go somewhere then so be it.. i for one am tired of the bull s***..... its all or nothing.....period......... its just another bunch of crap talk from the upper management here........

dont like what i have to say then dont f***in read it.. ok.. no  ones forcin you to......get real..... at the begining of the season (soxfest to be exact) kw stated and i quote..... WE WILL DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO PUT A WINNING TEAM ON THE FIELD WE ARE DEDICATED TO BRINGING A WORLD SERIES WINNER TO COMISKEY PARK...... so that should include getting QUALITY players here instead of this trial and error  b.s. hes been doing.....WHAT EVER IT TAKES  means just that......you do all or nothing... and so far hes done patch work, while depleating anything we had in the farm system for the future......if he and the rest of the org. were totaly serious about putting a contending team on the field they would go out and get TOP calibur players..........think about this for a minute, the only thing thats even got us this far is the fact we are sitting in a s***TY DIVISION..... had we still been considered in the west we would have been toast a long time ago.....do you seriously think we will get past the likes of seattle, new york, boston (if they are the wild card) or oakland (if they are wild card) your fooling yourself......so if you want to sit around with your blinders on and hope and wish that we go somewhere, when we were basically promised we would go somewhere then so be it.. i for one am tired of the bull s***..... its all or nothing.....period.........  its just another bunch of crap talk from the upper management here........

Kw has done a wonderful job this year. You may be right about the first round exit, but thats on the players. Our Gm has developed a team thats good enough to win it all this season. Thats an OBJECTIVE opinion, as always from me.

That does not mean a thing to me. I have as much right to voice my opinion as she does.

How can anyone around here enjoy the negative posts right in the middle of a penant race?????????/

As far as I am concerned, go to the othr side of town and toot your "ALL KNOWING HORN".

Lets just put it this way. Everyone is entitled to your opinions. You may not post that much, but that doesn't mean you can't have your opinion...just like HSC has hers.

While we may disagree on her being more negative, that is her right and as a diehard Sox fan she's seen a whole lot as have we.

I think the thing is, she's a huge Sox fan, we are huge Sox fans and those are similarities.

I'm an optimist so I disagree with her most of the time :D but I still got tons of respect for her :cheers

HSC:

[do you seriously think we will get past the likes of seattle, new york, boston (if they are the wild card) or oakland (if they are wild card) your fooling yourself......so if you want to sit around with your blinders on and hope and wish that we go somewhere, when we were basically promised we would go somewhere then so be it.. i for one am tired of the bull s***..... its all or nothing.....period......... its just another bunch of crap talk from the upper management here........]

:angry: I disagree with you. I do beleive we have a team capable of beating boston, oakland, & the nyy. Post-season is all about matchups & we matchup well against these 3 teams with the talent KW has assembled. Seattle is the biggest nemesis of the SOX. They have been for several years now. We do not matchup well with the M's.

We have no answer for Ichiro & his speed & defense negate our power. Likewise we don't have much of an answer for Cameron either. In other words a team that possesses quickness, D prowess, some power, & solid pitching is a threat to this SOX team.

You must be a purist (extremist) if you are still looking back when there were only 4 divisions. Get over it. There are 6 divisions & a WC now to make MLB more competitive. This year is the crowning achievment of that.

If & this is a BIG if the SOX are able to win the WORLD SERIES this year on a payroll < 60MIL it will shake the foundation of not just MLB but all of professional sports. You may see many more mgrs willing to roll the dice to win it all as KW has.

If the SOX win the division then anything is possible as long as we don't have to play the M's.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well thats cool.. you can disagree and hold onto your big if's.. ill stick with reality...... and the simple reality is we aint gonna get anywhere fast....... ;)

Lets just put it this way. Everyone is entitled to your opinions. You may not post that much, but that doesn't mean you can't have your opinion...just like HSC has hers.

While we may disagree on her being more negative, that is her right and as a diehard Sox fan she's seen a whole lot as have we.

I think the thing is, she's a huge Sox fan, we are huge Sox fans and those are similarities.

I'm an optimist so I disagree with her most of the time :D but I still got tons of respect for her :cheers

I agree with everything Jas said.

ANDY, chill for a second. If her mental disposition tends toward being negative & the rest of us remain positive the net effect is that she becomes singled out & pushed father away from the mainstream fan base here at SOXTALK. In a word she will be painted as an extremist & as such become so irrational in thought that the mainstream will tend to ignore what she has to say. Her 9000 posts won't make a difference then. She only hurts herself, so there's no need for you to add to her pain ;)

Keep in mind she is now 3rd in the PTC game, so that's pretty strong evidence she's an avid SOX fan who simply dreams of one day waking up & finding Steinbrenner as the owner of the SOX. :D

And Yes, I believe in the playoffs the Sox can win.  They have a very strong rotation, imo, and enough pieces in the pen to get things done.  They also have a strong offense that can come up with some big hits.

I like this teams chances.

Out of respect to HSC they have proven no ability to beat the M's in a series.

If they meet the M's in the first round, don't buy tickets for the 2nd round.

I made that mistake in 2000. I ate the shipping & handling costs as a result.

Of course I say that now with a rational mind. Come Oct rationality flies out the window :lol:

And Yes, I believe in the playoffs the Sox can win.  They have a very strong rotation, imo, and enough pieces in the pen to get things done.  They also have a strong offense that can come up with some big hits.

I like this teams chances.

Out of respect to HSC they have proven no ability to beat the M's in a series.

If they meet the M's in the first round, don't buy tickets for the 2nd round.

I made that mistake in 2000. I ate the shipping & handling costs as a result.

Of course I say that now with a rational mind. Come Oct rationality flies out the window :lol:

Ya...trust me, I think most of us will buy tickets regardless :lol:

I do agree though, they still have to prove they can do it. Still, this is a different team then previous ones and I know the talent is there. The question is will they play up to that level.

Guest hotsoxchick1
She only hurts herself

im thinking my words are hurting everyone else.. i feel no pain about them at all..... ;) like i said before dont like what i say skip it i dont care one way or the other.........i voice my opinion just like the rest of you do......