Minor League Roster announcements

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (floridafan @ Apr 5, 2013 -> 08:20 PM)
I think it is interesting how players are assigned to rosters then cut, as opposed to just releasing them after ST.

Yeah, I was wondering that myself. MiLB rosters are anything, but stable so get used to it I guess.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 6, 2013 -> 03:28 PM)
Just what the Sox need, a 26-year old 3B at high-A.

That's John Farrell's son, by the way.

Looks like he was on mid year All Star team in Eastern League, in fact 3 years he has been an all-star. His stats do not really reflect that.

QUOTE (floridafan @ Apr 6, 2013 -> 11:00 AM)
It sure warms the heart to see another third baseman each week! Not going to have a shortage there anymore.

Buddy Bell made it clear that they weren't happy with their infield depth or quality at the minor league level. I guess them bringing in more live bodies makes some sense.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 6, 2013 -> 12:08 PM)
Buddy Bell made it clear that they weren't happy with their infield depth or quality at the minor league level. I guess them bringing in more live bodies makes some sense.

I think that's what the Greene signing shows. At least they finally have a second option to Angel Sanchez if he doesn't work out.

Despite the Sox old minor league system, Carlos Sanchez is the youngest player in the International League. He's off to a good start.

Courtney Hawkins is the 3rd youngest player in the Carolina League. He's starting off slow, but probably trying too hard.

I hope somebody just tells him that he's playing 130 games in Winston-Salem this year, and 130 games in Birmingham next year, and to just enjoy it. I could be completely wrong, but I think guys like Trout and Harper are probably getting in prospects heads now, making them think they can get to the big leagues a year or two out of high school.

Chicago White Sox

Signed: RHP Jason Berken (released by Cubs, March 22), SS Jean Almanzar (released by Angels, March 27), SS Tyler Greene (released by Astros, March 26), OF Luis Durango (released by Royals, April 1)

Released: 2B Erik Morrison, 3B Nick Giarraputo, 3B Andy Gonzalez, 3B Thomas McCarthy, 3B Jake Oester, OF Stefan Gartrell, OF John Shelby III

Acquired: 1B Lars Anderson from Blue Jays for cash considerations

Optioned to Triple-A: RHP Brian Omogrosso

Placed on 7-day DL: RHP Scott Carroll, RHP Dan Remenowsky, LHP Charlie Leesman, LHP Trevor Reckling, LHP Santos Rodriguez, C Damaso Espino, C Luis Sierra, 1B Lars Anderson, 3B Josh Bell, OF Blake Tekotte

Placed on 60-day DL: RHP Kyle Bellamy