Opening Day Lineup

GreatScott82

LETS GO WHITE SOX! I am excited to see which players surprise us in 2013. I am excited to see guys continue to develop (Sale, Quintana, Viciedo, Reed, Jones, Santiago). I'm excited to see which guy finally turns it on offensively (Beckham, Ramirez). I'm excited to see if the veterans can have an MVP type offensive season. (Rios, Konerko, Dunn). I am hopeful that fans will be patient for Flowers and that we don't hear the AJ comparisons all season long. I am hopeful for John Danks to come back strong at some point during the season. I am hopeful that Peavy picks up where he left off in 2012. I am hopeful that new comer- Keppinger will be a spark plug at the top of our lineup. I am hopeful that people finally recognize De Aza and his positive contributions defensively and offensively for this team. I am hopeful that Hahn will be aggressive at the trade deadline and that we are buyers and not sellers during that time of the season. I love baseball, its another opportunity, another chance to forget about the September slip up. I want to go to the playoffs damn it! It has been too long!

And here is your 2013 opening day lineup:

1) CF: De Aza

2) 3B: Keppinger

3) RF: Rios

4) DH: Dunn

5) 1B: Konerko

6) LF: Viciedo

7) SS: Ramirez

8) C: Flowers

9) 2B: Beckham

SP: Sale

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Mar 29, 2013 -> 10:37 AM)
Should be interesting to see if Kepp can keep hitting over a full season. Was great last year, great in ST. Let's hope that continues. We could have a really solid 1-2 punch, possibly the best since Pods/Iguchi? Durham/Valentin?

We really haven't had a good 1-2 punch in a long time. I think in 2008 it was Swisher/Cabrera which worked for good portion of the season. I am pretty sure AJ went into the 2nd hole that year after Swisher started struggling. I think De Aza/ Keppinger will do a good job at setting the table for the big boys. Its all about OBP. Keppinger had a .367 OBP for the Rays in 2012. De Aza had a .349 OBP which was second to Konerko's .371 last year.

Edited by GreatScott82

This is gonna be a fun summer -- it's always a grind, even for the fans. April and May are especially tough on us, because we are really going to want to assume that what we see happening through the first 20-60 games is what will happen later...when it will of course only be partially the case. Love this game!

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 29, 2013 -> 11:36 AM)
The Tank is gonna have to be hitting bombs cause the guys on in front of him aren't gonna be flying around the bases if he hits one to the gap haha

Seems we always have at least 2 slows guys in the middle.

It was worse with Thome, Dye and Crede, not to mention AJ...around. AJ was a smart baserunner, but not exactly fleet of foot.

And Rios and Alexei, for all their athleticism, hit into more than their fair share of DP's.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 29, 2013 -> 01:38 PM)
The Sox last good 1-2 was...last year. De Aza-Youkilis was more than acceptable.

Youk really struggled after starting off like gangbusters. Then again, a lot of guys struggled in the 2nd half.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 29, 2013 -> 01:41 PM)
Counting the whole season, the White Sox got a .221/.296/.354/.650 out of the #2 spot in their batting order.

They also got .600 out of 3B, but that doesn't take away from Youkilis's all around production. He wasn't a savior by any means, but he was absolutely worth everything the Sox gave up in prospects.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 29, 2013 -> 11:50 AM)
They also got .600 out of 3B, but that doesn't take away from Youkilis's all around production. He wasn't a savior by any means, but he was absolutely worth everything the Sox gave up in prospects.

Your point about Youk being worth what the Sox gave up for him is valid. Your point about having a good 1-2 last year is not. No matter how you slice it a less than .300 OBP from your 2 hole is no where near acceptable even if he was not responsible for the total production he was responsible for a lot of it.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 29, 2013 -> 02:50 PM)

Was totally not saying anything about Youk being worth what they gave up. Obviously he was.

Posted that mostly as a way of illustrating that indeed, the Sox's #2 spot was quite bad last year and reasonable performances from Keppinger/Gillaspie/anyone who steals the #2 spot from them would be a solid lineup upgrade.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Mar 29, 2013 -> 10:13 PM)
Robin said, Dunn and Paulie will alternate 4/5 depending on games.

Good strategy. Hit Dunn 4th against righties, drop him down vs. lefties.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 29, 2013 -> 12:50 PM)

Who did Sox give up for Youk?