Who likes the sound of first place

AssHatSoxFan

after playing in texas i know no one had any hope of us doing anything right but it looks like this homestand has revived the team and allowed us to have the chance now that KC is losing to stand in 1st and send KC to 3rd place but I hope that we can do something with the lead and when we go on the road again we need to stay strong but it is so nice to hear :headbang

Here are some teams that are at or below .500 on the road:

Boston

Kansas City

Oakland

Florida

Philadelphia

Houston

St. Louis

San Francisco

Arizona

Los Angeles

Granted most these teams are right around .500 while the Sox are way below. If they can manage to stay afloat on the road for the rest of this season I will be happy. Plus no more trips to AL West cities on the schedule.

Boston

Kansas City

Oakland

Florida

Philadelphia

Houston

St. Louis

San Francisco

Arizona

Los Angeles

Granted most these teams are right around .500 while the Sox are way below.  If they can manage to stay afloat on the road for the rest of this season I will be happy.  Plus no more trips to AL West cities on the schedule.

Right! But, the bulk of our schedule in September is at home, and we are playing somewhere near .700 at home this season (3rd in the league, iirc). So, I think we are in good hands because of that.

Geez... get real. By the end of the this series, we'll have more games on the road than we do at home (by 1). We need to play good ball on the raod from here on out, or we won't win s***. Then we need to be able to play good on the road during the post-season. Screw the excuses ... it's time to play good baseball no matter where we have to do it.

Da Twins r starting to scare me a lot. We need da Royals to win da next 3 in that series or I think u could probably stick a fork in them, cos they'll be done. Stewart's making some clutch hits for them, and their starters r starting to pitch ok again. Every1's talking bout how good da Royals have been, and how the Sox (long overdue) have been finally picking it up, but da Twins have snuck up on a lot of ppl. They're beginning to get in that Early Season Form they had which ain't a good sign.

:o

Geez... get real.  By the end of the this series, we'll have more games on the road than we do at home (by 1).  We need to play good ball on the raod from here on out, or we won't win s***.  Then we need to be able to play good on the road during the post-season.  Screw the excuses ... it's time to play good baseball no matter where we have to do it.

Yes, sir!

Boston

Kansas City

Oakland

Florida

Philadelphia

Houston

St. Louis

San Francisco

Arizona

Los Angeles

Granted most these teams are right around .500 while the Sox are way below.  If they can manage to stay afloat on the road for the rest of this season I will be happy.  Plus no more trips to AL West cities on the schedule.

There are only 8 teams in all of baseball that have a record above .500 on the road. It is just most teams aren't as bad as we are on the road.