Ooooooooopening Day!! KC at ChiSox, 3:10 PM CST

Capn12

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 04:09 PM)
If that's a strike then the one to flowers wasn't. You can't give him 6 inches off both corners.

Yup. Sale just backdoor'd Perez, no strike.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 04:07 PM)
No nothing to do with today he is not a true number 3 hitter.

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and say that's ridiculous. If you use the traditional definition of a 3 hitter, you are looking for a guy who hits for average, power, and has speed. That's Alex Rios. If you want the sabermetric definition of a 3 hitter, you are looking for a guy who primarily gets on base and hits for power, strikeouts and average be damned. That's Adam Dunn.

Chris looks as good as I've ever seen him, stuff and command wise. Now using two different speeds on his breaking ball and using the changeup more deftly and effectively than I've seen before. Hope he keeps it rolling!

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 04:14 PM)
Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and say that's ridiculous. If you use the traditional definition of a 3 hitter, you are looking for a guy who hits for average, power, and has speed. That's Alex Rios. If you want the sabermetric definition of a 3 hitter, you are looking for a guy who primarily gets on base and hits for power, strikeouts and average be damned. That's Adam Dunn.

+1 to this. I think Adam Dunn, if he's right, is our ideal #3 hitter. Whether or not he can back to a .360+ OBP, however, is a big question.