2013 April White Sox Catch-All Thread

witesoxfan

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 11:13 AM)
Ditto. Wouldn't give up starting pitching prospects for him. Replacement for Konerko has to be a youngish player with credentials to be middle-of-the-order hitter. Yep, easier said than done, but that's what it has to be.

Like it or not, that hitter is likely to be Viciedo.

You're better off reviving your "Trade Alexei Ramirez" threads because we actually have a replacement in the pipeline in Carlos Sanchez.

What we don't have is anyone close to major league ready capable of hitting 25-35 homers, and, despite your protestations to the contrary, it's just NOT THAT EASY to find a young hitter who's cost-controlled and who can put up those numbers.

If it was that simple to hit based on minor league numbers, Cris Carter wouldn't be bouncing around so much at this point in his career.

Why would a team with that kind of young impact bat trade him to the White Sox when there's a premium now on exactly those types of hitters?

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 01:28 PM)
Like it or not, that hitter is likely to be Viciedo.

You're better off reviving your "Trade Alexei Ramirez" threads because we actually have a replacement in the pipeline in Carlos Sanchez.

What we don't have is anyone close to major league ready capable of hitting 25-35 homers, and, despite your protestations to the contrary, it's just NOT THAT EASY to find a young hitter who's cost-controlled and who can put up those numbers.

If it was that simple to hit based on minor league numbers, Cris Carter wouldn't be bouncing around so much at this point in his career.

Why would a team with that kind of young impact bat trade him to the White Sox when there's a premium now on exactly those types of hitters?

Carlos Sanchez is not the replacement for Alexei Ramirez until we have a clear long term plan for 2b and 3b. Alexei is the only guy we have a good track record for out of that group.

I love my Sox, but Christ do I have no desire to watch the game today. Two major strikes going against it: The way the offesnse has played. Dylan Axlerod making yet another start for a Major League Baseball Franchise.

Two strikes and you're out.

I see a lot of you agree since there is still no game thread haha.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 11:29 PM)
Why? Seriously makes no sense unless someone is hurt in the OF.

Yeah, I totally agree. Even if you wanted to platoon Viciedo, which I don't agree with this early into the season, you'd use Wise.

Maybe they just want another left-handed bat off the bench with Gillaspie pretty much a starter now.