4/3/13 KC at ChiSox, 1:10 PM CST

Capn12

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Apr 3, 2013 -> 02:37 PM)
What a difference a game makes.. Hardly any one at this game.

It's a White Sox tradition the way I see it. Everyone comes on opening day, nobody comes to the second game.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 3, 2013 -> 02:37 PM)
Didnt Endy Chavez or someone catch a hr while one foot was on the top of the wall or something?

Also I edited my last post

Calderon's catch in the late 80's he was literally standing on top of an auxiliary scoreboard on the wall in Detroit.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 3, 2013 -> 03:35 PM)
Only if your feet are in play or were in play when they were last on the ground. If you jumped into the stands and actually had your feet on the ground before you caught the ball it would not be an out.

What if someone caught a ball in RF on the run and pulled a Derek Jeter and took 8 more steps and dove over the small fence in the corner? HR or out?

Edit: Referring to Boston specifically since they have a small enough fence to make this very possible

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 3, 2013 -> 03:35 PM)
Only if your feet are in play or were in play when they were last on the ground. If you jumped into the stands and actually had your feet on the ground before you caught the ball it would not be an out.

Right, but i don't like that. I feel you should need to keep at least 1 foot in play during the whole catch.

Like this catch from Ciolli last year, I feel like it should be a HR, because he landed on the other side of the wall with the ball. I understand the rules, I just don't like them.

http://www.brobible.com/sports/video/minor...s-homerun-flips

It's a White Sox tradition the way I see it. Everyone comes on opening day, nobody comes to the second game.

It's a 40-degree Wednesday afternoon in April and it's against Kansas City. Unless you have season tickets or you really, really want to go to a game where you can get a good seat, you're going to wait for a better spot.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 3, 2013 -> 02:39 PM)
What if someone caught a ball in RF on the run and pulled a Derek Jeter and took 8 more steps and dove over the small fence in the corner? HR or out?

Edit: Referring to Boston specifically since they have a small enough fence to make this very possible

Out.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 3, 2013 -> 02:39 PM)

Save 06-08 when we still boleeve.

The Sox have been a proven cash cow, so I don't worry. I'll get my ass out there when it's above 50 degrees.

It doesn't matter where your feet go AFTER you catch the ball--it's all about where your feet are WHILE catching the ball or if they are not on the ground while you catch the ball where they were most recently.

Of course, if there are less than 2 outs and runners on base, landing/running out of play can certainly make it easier for the runners to advance.

As long as you catch the ball before you fall out of play its OK. Once you are out of play, and I believe that means making contact with a seat or the ground or whatever the ground rule, you are out of play. You catch a ball while you are out of play, it doesn't count as a catch.

Edited by Dick Allen