4/4/13 KC at ChiSox, 1:10 PM CST

Capn12

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 11:18 AM)
beep_beep_roadrunner.jpg

"Beep beep!" as in leaving other teams in the dust?

e14427.gif Brilliant!

Looking forward to this again later, although feeling the least confident out of the three games. How do people think Floyd will fair out tonight?

Edited by Joxer_Daly

QUOTE (Joxer_Daly @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 06:18 AM)
e14427.gif Brilliant!

Looking forward to this again later, although feeling the least confident out of the three games. How do people think Floyd will fair out tonight?

Well it's usually hit or miss with Gavin but he often struggles out of the gate. Guthrie has been tough on the Sox. We shall see.

Gordon, Moustakas, and Hosmer will decide this game. Gavin has never been good against lefties, but he really struggled against them last year -- even for him. If he can avoid giving up a bunch of bombs to lefties, he'll be fine.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 10:37 AM)
Same lineup

Doug Padilla ‏@ESPNChiSox

White Sox vs Royals 4/4: De Aza 8, Kepp 5, Rios 9, Dunn DH, Konerko 3, Viciedo 7, Ramirez 6, Flowers 2, Beckham 4. Floyd pitches.

Man, I was hoping we could get Gillaspie some time and see if his spring hotness carried over into the regular season. Still, getting Kepp rolling in the #2 spot is important

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 10:42 AM)
Reed's career ERA against the Royals had been 12.91. Peavy had an 0-6 record and a 5.56 ERA in his previous seven starts against the Royals. So if they can reverse the damage against KC so can the batters against Guthrie.

The fact that it's Guthrie is like -10 victory points, multiplied by the fact that it's the Royals which is is probably -10 victory points...

(-10)*(-10) = +100 victory points

You can't argue with math, it's the universal language.

Edited by ScottyDo

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 09:52 AM)
The fact that it's Guthrie is like -10 victory points, multiplied by the fact that it's the Royals which is is probably -10 victory points...

(-10)*(-10) = +100

What does a score of +100 equate to with regards to baseball runs?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 10:52 AM)
What does a score of +100 equate to with regards to baseball runs?

I don't know. This fuzzy math only applies to the German board game version of baseball.

But we'll say 10 victory points is a win....and a Bill James win is worth 10 runs. So...100 runs.

I like our odds.

EDIT: also, everybody go to bovada and bet heavily on the over

Edited by ScottyDo

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 07:52 AM)

And how many victory points are needed to secure a victory ?

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 07:52 AM)

You've got algo rhythm :P

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 09:40 AM)
Man, I was hoping we could get Gillaspie some time and see if his spring hotness carried over into the regular season. Still, getting Kepp rolling in the #2 spot is important

I agree on getting Gillaspie in there. I am curious to see if Robin would mess with Kep and move him to 2nd and play Gillaspie at 3rd on some days when Gordon needs a day or he wants Conor in the lineup.

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 08:09 AM)
I agree on getting Gillaspie in there. I am curious to see if Robin would mess with Kep and move him to 2nd and play Gillaspie at 3rd on some days when Gordon needs a day or he wants Conor in the lineup.

Kepp played nothing but 3rd and DH in spring training games so it's unlikely Robin will use him anywhere but 3rd base defensively unless we have some major injuries at some point. Also Gillaspie cooled down quite a bit toward the end of ST.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 10:13 AM)
Kepp played nothing but 3rd and DH in spring training games so it's unlikely Robin will use him anywhere but 3rd base defensively unless we have some major injuries at some point. Also Gillaspie cooled down quite a bit toward the end of ST.

Yeah I agree. I am not a big fan of moving the regular's around on the diamond, was just throwing the idea out there

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 10:13 AM)

At the same time, Keppinger isn't terribly familiar with 3B and getting him as much time as possible over there during ST to get him acclimated to his primary position is a goal of ST. It doesn't mean he can't or won't play some 2B this year.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 09:52 AM)

so this is proof that the Sox will win by 100 today?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 11:30 AM)
so this is proof that the Sox will win by 100 today?

Book it.

Sig bet, in fact. If the Sox don't win by 100 runs, I will make my signature a David Bowie reference or a poorly crafted cartoon pun about PHT.

Edited by ScottyDo

QUOTE (Joxer_Daly @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 12:18 PM)
e14427.gif Brilliant!

At this point, which is roughly 2 hours before the start of the game I think our chances are even :lol: :bang