AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WALKOFF WINNER!

justBLAZE

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 7, 2013 -> 09:54 PM)
Booya. I called the walk-off to my wife. First called shot of the year. With a 2-0 count, I told her, watch, he's going to get an elevated fastball and park it...sure enough Tank crushed it!!!

Yeah that 2-seamer tailed RIGHT into the heart of the plate...and his bat.

If I was an opposing pitcher in a situation like that, I don't think there's any way I throw a get-me-over to the Sox. Currently, they're more likely to kill something that gets too much of the plate than to manufacture a run via a BB. Especially to Viciedo. Right now, his only offensive tool is crushing mistakes over the plate.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 07:04 AM)
White Sox’s 44th win via walk-off home run since the park opened in 1991

The Mariners have lost by walk-off homers three times at U.S. Cellular. But this was the ninth time the White Sox have beaten them with a walk-off hit.

The other two were also in April. 2010--Andruw Jones on the Friday night, Alex Rios on FOX's Saturday game. David Aardsma just walked directly into the dugout after seeing the ball go off Rios's bat.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 08:01 AM)
This time in a non-save situation, which had been his big hang up to this year.

Was reed bad in non-save situations in the first half? I remember him having a great all-around first half then wearing down int he 2nd.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 10:02 AM)
Save situations 3.48 era

Non Save 6.75 era

I don't suppose you could do the double-positional splits and see "Non-save in the first half"? He won the closers role by being great in non-save situations in April.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 09:13 AM)
I don't suppose you could do the double-positional splits and see "Non-save in the first half"? He won the closers role by being great in non-save situations in April.

They don't have those numbers available. But by logic, if he built his numbers on first half non-save situations they should be better, not worse, as they would outweight the second half non-save situations, not to mention he would have had more of his save situations in the second half when he was tired.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 10:33 AM)
They don't have those numbers available. But by logic, if he built his numbers on first half non-save situations they should be better, not worse, as they would outweight the second half non-save situations, not to mention he would have had more of his save situations in the second half when he was tired.

Prior to getting the closer's spot, he had 11 games, 8.2 innings, 0 ER. I think his non-save situation numbers are being blown up by 1 game, May 13 against the Royalsl, which isn't marked as a blown save or a hold so I assume it was a non-save situation...he gave up 6 runs in 0.1 innings.

He gave up 16 runs total in non-save situations last year, so yeah, I think that 1 outing is really murdering his numbers in that split.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 10:44 AM)
So does that give Vicideo a +1 in the WAR category?

Ha, no, WAR is a cumulative statistic. While that home run technically won the game, he was 0-3 prior to that. Had he done more in those previous ABs, his home run would not have been necessary otherwise and thus, he actually hurt the team in the process. Viciedo has actually been one of the 3 worst players for the Sox early on along with Konerko and Keppinger. Rios and Ramirez have been the most valuable with Flowers a close 3rd.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 7, 2013 -> 08:54 PM)
Booya. I called the walk-off to my wife. First called shot of the year. With a 2-0 count, I told her, watch, he's going to get an elevated fastball and park it...sure enough Tank crushed it!!!

You have unnatural abilities; you may be a cleric.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 04:50 PM)
Ha, no, WAR is a cumulative statistic. While that home run technically won the game, he was 0-3 prior to that. Had he done more in those previous ABs, his home run would not have been necessary otherwise and thus, he actually hurt the team in the process. Viciedo has actually been one of the 3 worst players for the Sox early on along with Konerko and Keppinger. Rios and Ramirez have been the most valuable with Flowers a close 3rd.

Rios is in a zone, he nearly had another on Saturday that the wind dropped down right before the OF fence

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 06:01 PM)
And people were freaking out because Axelrod was scheduled to face Felix.

Axelrod beat Felix with probably the worst lineup we can throw together trotted out there.