Chicago White Stockings vs. Montreal Expos

Quin

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (oldsox @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 02:58 AM)
I think the Sox should carry one less pitcher and one more position player, especially since we will be having interleague games throughout the season. Why do we need 12 pitchers?

I would love for them to have a 3rd catcher on the roster so that Ventura can have someone hit for Flowers if there's a tough righty reliever on the mound. With that said, the only viable person to send down from the bullpen would be Veal if you want to use Santiago more in LHP/lefty hitter situations.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Baron @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 08:58 PM)
Get use to this Tyler Flowers....Looks good a few games. Strike out king the next few.

I don't mind it if he strikes out every once in awhile, but when he does it looking- i get upset! If its close and your down 2 strikes- SWING the bat!! Oy Vey!

Edited by GreatScott82

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 09:03 PM)
I still think Flowers has to get regular AB's before we pass judgement. Yes, he may K a lot, but his swing is pretty sound and he's got some serious pop. I think you have to give him a chance to improve.

Thats what he was in the minors. Strikes out alot and has power. I dont think it would shock anyone if he continues to do that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 07:51 PM)
BTW, coming into tonight, the Sox had 10 less walks than any other AL team and 29th overall.

That renewed emphasis on OBP is really paying off.

Other than Keppinger, Konerko and Dunn, we're in HUGE trouble in this area...and it's going to be a season-long issue.

Maybe Flowers will pick up some walks, but his expected low BA will mitigate his walk totals.

And this just in...Matt Thornton should have been traded after the 2011 season, when he still had value.

Edited by caulfield12