Beckham out 6-8 weeks with fractured hamate bone

Beckham is listed day to day after irritating a nerve in his left wrist. If he is DL'ed what should the Sox do ? Who do they call up ? I think we see Kepp at 2nd and Gillaspie at 3rd mostly . Against lefties more of Angel Sanchez at 2nd . Do they call up Carlos Sanchez ? Another outfielder ? Look to make a trade ?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 09:43 AM)
I don't think they'll DL him. It'll be few days that'll turn into a week. That's more White Sox.

If they had to bring up anyone, I hate to say it, it'll probably be Morel.

I agree, and that's in the event they face a lefty.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 03:56 PM)
Yep, should be Sanchez that gets the call.

Maybe not -- we're probably better off with the Kep-Gillaspie combo, so we could call someone up who we don't care if he rides the bench.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 09:13 PM)
I think it would be Morel. You can keep him on the bench and put him in for defense late.

Or Kepp moves to 2ndbse and Morel starts at 3B. But, I hope we don't have to make any move and Gordo is back in a couple days

Gordon needs to stay out until he is 100000000%. DO NOT come back early and "play through it" like Paulie (Not that he's anywhere close to the caliber player Paulie is)

If he plays through the pain cause he's a tough guy and sucks all 2013, it just becomes another excuse for the Beckham Backers for "One more year..."

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 05:11 PM)
Gordon needs to stay out until he is 100000000%. DO NOT come back early and "play through it" like Paulie (Not that he's anywhere close to the caliber player Paulie is)

If he plays through the pain cause he's a tough guy and sucks all 2013, it just becomes another excuse for the Beckham Backers for "One more year..."

No backer will want to pay him what he'll be due in arbitration next year if he doesn't do well this year.

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 05:11 PM)

Yes, we need to worry about what the fans think...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 06:33 PM)
No roster spot.

Could always slide Danks over to the 60. That would put him back around middle of June right? I don't know how quickly he seems to be coming back, but if I were the Sox I sure as hell wouldn't rush him.

The extra BP arm sounds like a good plan too.

Anybody else think it's stupid to have a 7 day DL for concussions only? If they're going to have the 7 day DL, teams should be able to use it for any injury. It can really put teams in a tight spot if they have a couple players nursing injuries that will be out for 5 or 6 games and opening up the 7 day DL would really help that.