4/11/13 White Sox @ Nationals - 6:05 (CT) - CSN

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 02:11 AM)
And outmanaged.

Every single decision Ventura made backfired, seemingly.

Don't you hate when, on paper, it figures we'd lose every game to a team, and we do? Woulda been nice to win one of these three.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 03:15 AM)
Don't you hate when, on paper, it figures we'd lose every game to a team, and we do? Woulda been nice to win one of these three.

Sox had their chances in all three games, they just couldn't get a big hit and the starting pitching sucked by the Sox in this series.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 11, 2013 -> 09:16 PM)
Sox had their chances in all three games, they just couldn't get a big hit and the starting pitching sucked by the Sox in this series.

Let's chalk it up to those two items and some bad decisions by Robin.

Oh well, if you're going to get swept, we chose a good team to do it.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 11, 2013 -> 09:23 PM)
I blame Ventura for all 3 losses his handling of the starters was awful.

I brought up this point on twitter and one of my friends response was:

"have you not been paying any attention, the bullpen is getting taxed so we needed starters to eat those innings, and they failed"

I'm just bringing this up for discussion.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 11, 2013 -> 09:30 PM)
if he goes to the pen in the 5th inning of every game, how long do you think the bullpen is going to hold up?

Let the starters give up 6 plus runs a game at least the pen will be rested! Still a loss.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 02:33 AM)
Too early to say Washington is all that, IMO. I realize they're good, but Cinn handled them pretty well and they swept the AAAA Marlins. Oh, and the white sox.

Getting swept sucks. We need to turn it around and fast. Got to win one game in a three game series even if the other team is way better than the Sox.

We've got plenty of bullpen depth in AAA/AA.

Can't afford to get buried too far behind in April/May...should have taken at least 1/3.

It will be interesting to see if Wise or Viciedo plays tmrw. On one hand, you have to win NOW, and maybe Wise gives you the best chance against Masterson, who has been super tough on us in recent starts.

On the other, Viciedo has to learn how to hit RH pitching and continue to develop as an everyday and not platoon player.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 02:42 AM)
Getting swept sucks. We need to turn it around and fast. Got to win one game in a three game series even if the other team is way better than the Sox.

In my opinion, we should have taken all 3 games. We simply have the worst collective approach at the plate. It's embarrassing the way we have hit with RISP since last September. You can blame Axelrod all you want, but there are way too many runs being left out on the field for me to even begin to worry about our 5th starter.

Our fielding is a disgrace, our Rotation is weak beyond Peavy, our bullpen is overworked and our hitters crap in their pants anytime they see a teammate reach second. Other than that our season is off to a grand beginning.

Dylan Axelrod was lit up for six runs in 3 2/3 innings by the Nationals on Thursday.

We're not sure what the White Sox were doing intentionally walking Bryce Harper with two outs in the fourth, but they were punished for it, as Ryan Zimmerman plated both Jayson Werth and Harper on his double. Axelrod was pulled immediately afterwards with the White Sox down 6-3. He wasn't very good at all tonight, but maybe he would have given up just the four runs if not for the over-managing from Robin Ventura.

Per Rotoworld.....................even they say Robin is a problem.

Our fielding is a disgrace, our Rotation is weak beyond Peavy, our bullpen is overworked and our hitters crap in their pants anytime they see a teammate reach second. Other than that our season is off to a grand beginning.

A lot of teams are going to look this way against my nats this year.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 12:29 AM)
I love the fact that the offense never seems to quit....so far.

The starting pitching has really got out of the gate slow. They gotta turn it around quick.....wouldnt mind Santiago getting a start fir Axelrod.

The judgment is still out on Quintana, if it's the Q from second half, then we're screwed.