4/11/13 White Sox @ Nationals - 6:05 (CT) - CSN

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 11, 2013 -> 07:58 PM)
To top it off, Courtney Hawkins is 0/3 with 3 K's, Dunn/Flowers look abysmal and our infield defense will be an issue for the next two months.

Sigh.

Nuke it from orbit

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 01:58 AM)
To top it off, Courtney Hawkins is 0/3 with 3 K's, Dunn/Flowers look abysmal and our infield defense will be an issue for the next two months.

Sigh.

Infield defense will be fine, I'm not so sure Gillaspie can't contribute as much offensively as Beckham. Hell, I'd love to see Gillaspie hit well enough to bat 2nd vs RHP.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 11, 2013 -> 07:58 PM)
There are few circumstances where I pull my starter in the fourth inning before he's given up a run in that inning.

EDIT: The mistake here is having him starting in the first place, and I have a feeling Robin has less say in that than we think. The GM will have a huge say in that, as well as the pitching coach. Hard to say whose vision it was for Axe to be in the rotation.

Axelrod was toast he should of been yanked after Haren double.

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 11, 2013 -> 08:00 PM)
Honestly wonder if Cooper not being there this series has effected Robin. Seems like he defaults to Coop about most if not all things pitching.

I agree. For all we know, Coop may have complete control of all things pitching.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 11, 2013 -> 08:00 PM)
Infield defense will be fine, I'm not so sure Gillaspie can't contribute as much offensively as Beckham. Hell, I'd love to see Gillaspie hit well enough to bat 2nd vs RHP.

I'd be shocked if Gillaspie isn't more valuable offensively than Gordon.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 11, 2013 -> 06:00 PM)

I actually have no doubt he will be better than Gordon offensively. He just has a better approach at the plate and a better swing.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 11, 2013 -> 07:00 PM)

I'm more worried about range, arm and turning the DP for Keppinger at 2B.

It won't just be automatic chemistry with him and Alexei. That takes time in real-game siuuations to develop that trust and feel for each other's tendencies and habits.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 01:03 AM)
Why the hell would you get someone else up in the pen??? Let Santiago pitch a couple innings...please don't tell me he is going to see 1 hitter tonight and that is it...

Feign it so they wouldn't walk Flowers? I don't know.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 11, 2013 -> 08:08 PM)
Ah damn...the pitcher hitting is so ignorant, I forgot about it totally. I guess we do have to deal with it next inning, so Santiago won't be pitching long either way.

Stupid N.L. baseball

Indeed, I assume this is why we were trying to squeeze another out of Axelrod. It would have saved an inning of Santiago if we had another batter come up