White Sox @ Tribe 4/13 GAME THREAD

Steve9347

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 13, 2013 -> 04:36 PM)
Wasn't good.

But then he hit another guy with a fastball behind. That was intentional.

Sale's reaction didn't indicate that it was intentional. I think he just let a fastball drift left of the plate into the hitter. If he did it on purpose, he would have been cold as ice rather than reacting with disgust at himself.

Indians fans are idiots to be booing about that. If it were the other way around and a Sox hitter just hit a grand slam and the next guy up got hit in the hamstring, I'd be laughing my ass off rather than booing. I wouldn't be mad at all.

Then again, Indians fans are the biggest idiots in the division. They were the ones incessantly booing Jim Thome for no good reason a few years ago. They're even dumber than Cubs fans who think they're righteous by throwing opponents' home run balls on the field.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 13, 2013 -> 11:12 PM)
Remember that time when Flowers started the season with 2 HRs in 2 games, and looked like a MLB hitter?

Someone asked earlier what type of leash Flowers would have this year, and they better give him the whole season to prove he's MLB caliber. If not, then you move on from him next year. They committed to Flowers and Viciedo during the offseason, so you might as well see if you have anything there outside of a platoon player.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2013 -> 05:13 PM)
Someone asked earlier what type of leash Flowers would have this year, and they better give him the whole season to prove he's MLB caliber. If not, then you move on from him next year. They committed to Flowers and Viciedo during the offseason, so you might as well see if you have anything there outside of a platoon player.

Without question.

Not like there are many good alternatives at this point either.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2013 -> 11:10 PM)
Farmer and DJ were suggesting that the opposition has the scouting report for our hitters with RISP and that the Sox hitters have failed to adjust to it.

Most certainly can't be because we are playing poorly by any measn. Not certain we need any help from the other team to do that right now. We are in a bad stretch

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2013 -> 11:22 PM)
It's only fitting that Youk and AJP are tearing the cover off the ball.

When things are going bad all things look that way and it's easy to second guess for sure. I am counting on this just being one of those stretches and am happy it's real early in the season

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 13, 2013 -> 05:24 PM)
Is the Dave Wilder thing one of the biggest reasons why this team sucks, and it doesn't get brought up enough?

Absolutely. When your farm director was actively looking for players who couldn't play . . .

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 13, 2013 -> 05:25 PM)
When things are going bad all things look that way and it's easy to second guess for sure. I am counting on this just being one of those stretches and am happy it's real early in the season

Well there were some doubts. Its not like we had a sure fire upgrade over AJ. Flowers has some issues and its not surprising those issues are continuing. This is who he is. Hits a home run every now and then. Strikes out alot.

I think it's safe to say we miss AJ in more ways than 1.

Flowers stinks at the plate....0 for his last 21 & the way AJ handled our staff was pretty awesome.

Oh well though. Just gotta hope the pitchers can turn it around soon. Flowers & Tank are free outs as of now in our lineup & Dunn & Paulie aren't far behind them.

Nice to see Alexi hitting the ball well to start & Kepp starting to find more holes.

I still have faith in this team. Royals is not a team who will run away with this division & the Tigers until they get their bullpen straightned out won't either.

Edited by Noonskadoodle