White Sox @ Tribe 4/13 GAME THREAD

Steve9347

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 13, 2013 -> 07:12 PM)
What a s***ty way to start a season. Sox marketing team must be so pissed

Yep people will not want to see this product If the losses continue. Today marked the first time the Sox have lost their first five games on the road since 1972

Edited by Soxfest

Cleveland had something like 11,400 today for a Saturday day game.

Yikes.

Can't wait to see the totals for the next White Sox weeknight/weekday games. Intradivisional opponents aren't going to draw any fans, and few Sox fans care very much about beating the Twins anymore when the Tigers are the barometer for the rest of the AL Central.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 13, 2013 -> 10:07 PM)

Yikes.

Can't wait to see the totals for the next White Sox weeknight/weekday games. Intradivisional opponents aren't going to draw any fans, and few Sox fans care very much about beating the Twins anymore when the Tigers are the barometer for the rest of the AL Central.

I have tickets to Friday's game, it's suppose to be mid 30s and chances of snow.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 14, 2013 -> 04:07 AM)

Yikes.

Thing is, the totals will not be accurate will they? When the Sox have embarrassing crowds, isn't the total of tickets sold still listed about 18,000? I'd say there will be 14,000 max in the ballpark for any of the games during the week until late May. Right? Probably actual attendance of about 10,000 to 12,000?

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2013 -> 11:13 PM)
Someone asked earlier what type of leash Flowers would have this year, and they better give him the whole season to prove he's MLB caliber. If not, then you move on from him next year. They committed to Flowers and Viciedo during the offseason, so you might as well see if you have anything there outside of a platoon player.

Somebody the other day said Viciedo is out of shape. If that is true, that pisses me off. Is it true? He's not even an average big leaguer yet. If he is carrying 20 extra pounds I'd DL him and get him in shape. I'm just going by what somebody wrote on here the other day. If he's out of shape that's just unacceptable. Is he out of shape or not? If he is overweight, it's going to be even harder for him to bend over and poke some of those offspeed pitches for base hit to right field. Might as well put a severe shift on for his at bats.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 13, 2013 -> 10:51 PM)
Somebody the other day said Viciedo is out of shape. If that is true, that pisses me off. Is it true? He's not even an average big leaguer yet. If he is carrying 20 extra pounds I'd DL him and get him in shape. I'm just going by what somebody wrote on here the other day. If he's out of shape that's just unacceptable. Is he out of shape or not? If he is overweight, it's going to be even harder for him to bend over and poke some of those offspeed pitches for base hit to right field. Might as well put a severe shift on for his at bats.

Good luck fighting the grievance on that one.