2013 NFL Draft

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 25, 2013 -> 02:45 PM)
I'd have zero problem with Manti. LB is a big need going forward and Manti will be a good player.

The only thing Manti will be good at is getting played by online groupies.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 25, 2013 -> 04:01 PM)
Title game says otherwise, as does his 40.

Notre Dame allowed 1119 rushing yards all year and 3.2 yards per rush. They allowed 265 for 5.9 yards a rush in the title game. Some of that is Te'o's fault; not all of that is Te'o's fault.

Vontaze Burfict ran a 5.00+ last year, went undrafted, and was a monster for the Bengals. Brandon Spikes ran a 5.00 40 time. LBs simply don't run 40 yards in a straight line very often.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 25, 2013 -> 09:14 PM)
Notre Dame allowed 1119 rushing yards all year and 3.2 yards per rush. They allowed 265 for 5.9 yards a rush in the title game. Some of that is Te'o's fault; not all of that is Te'o's fault.

I believe Te'o average tackle was 5 yards past the LOS. You can attribute that great run defense to Nix and company.

The Kansas City Chiefs are set to make former Central Michigan left tackle Eric Fisher the first overall pick in the 2013 NFL draft.

The Chiefs will take Fisher with the first pick, a source with knowledge of the team’s plans told PFT’s Mike Florio.

Link, lots of places agreeing.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 25, 2013 -> 06:52 PM)
Would trading down with the 49ers be on the radar with Emery?

I would lay money on the Bears trading down when it gets close to their pick, it just makes too much sense with how this draft sets up and the type of players they signed in free agency (not leaving a gaping hole but not going for stars). Whether the 49ers want someone who is available at 20 or not is the question, they're a good candidate with a lot of assets.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 25, 2013 -> 07:37 PM)
Dolphins with a reach at 3 with Jordan? 3 of first 4 picks drafted LT's.

Jordan would have been long gone before Miami got on the clock, I am just glad all it cost them to go from 12 to 3 was a single 2nd round pick

I would lay money on the Bears trading down when it gets close to their pick, it just makes too much sense with how this draft sets up and the type of players they signed in free agency (not leaving a gaping hole but not going for stars). Whether the 49ers want someone who is available at 20 or not is the question, they're a good candidate with a lot of assets.

Yes, trading down is the obvious choice, but somebody has to be willing to give the Bears value for that pick. You can't trade down 10 spots if the best offer you get is a 4th round pick.