GT 4/15/13 Sox @ Jays 6:07 pm

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good managers aren't afraid to make massive changes in the line-up if things aren't working. Obviously the personel isn't conducive to playing much better than this, but s*** Robin can't trot out the same line-up over and over and just hope for the best. You gotta try something

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 06:59 PM)
Santiago...something has to change there. At least give him a start against the Twins or Indians.

Expected walk-up crowds against the Twins and CLE?

Is there a negative walk-up, where people boycott the ballpark and try to encourage fans NOT to buy tickets to support this putrid product?

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 02:09 AM)
Good managers aren't afraid to make massive changes in the line-up if things aren't working. Obviously the personel isn't conducive to playing much better than this, but s*** Robin can't trot out the same line-up over and over and just hope for the best. You gotta try something

What more can he really do though right now? Truth of the matter is that the team sucks right now in almost every aspect.

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 08:09 PM)

Sit Flowers and Dunn

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 06:09 PM)
Good managers aren't afraid to make massive changes in the line-up if things aren't working. Obviously the personel isn't conducive to playing much better than this, but s*** Robin can't trot out the same line-up over and over and just hope for the best. You gotta try [i]something[/i]

third week of the season? i guess..

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 02:12 AM)
I realize this is only the first of many road trips, but this team just looks so out of sync, offensively, defensively, managerially. Wish they could hit the re-start.

There's no energy at all.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 08:11 PM)
Expected walk-up crowds against the Twins and CLE?

Is there a negative walk-up, where people boycott the ballpark and try to encourage fans NOT to buy tickets to support this putrid product?

That 10-game homestand? They'll be lucky to get 150,000 paid attendance.

QUOTE (Baron @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 02:12 AM)
Sit Flowers and Dunn

I'd still take my chance with Dunn against RHP than Viciedo. However, the Sox desperately need to see what Flowers and Viciedo can do to be in the future plans of the organization.

QUOTE (Baron @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 01:15 AM)
I dont care if you have Jake Peavy at DH right now. Dunn is swinging at everything and isnt making contact.

Let me ask you this: do you think the team can contend this year? If you say no, you might as well see if Dunn can salvage the season/career since he has another year left on his deal.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 06:12 PM)
What more can he really do though right now? Truth of the matter is that the team sucks right now in almost every aspect.

Doing nothing is just frustrating. Like he doesn't care. The hell happened to the team with great fundamentals and slick defense that came out last season?

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 08:17 PM)
Let me ask you this: do you think the team can contend this year? If you say no, you might as well see if Dunn can salvage the season/career since he has another year left on his deal.

Yes

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 08:17 PM)

If Dunn is a man of his word, I hope this season is so miserable for him, he retires.

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 02:17 AM)
Doing nothing is just frustrating. Like he doesn't care. The hell happened to the team with great fundamentals and slick defense that came out last season?

They absolutely choked down the stretch and it's completely carried over into this season. It's like last year never ended.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 02:18 AM)
If Dunn is a man of his word, I hope this season is so miserable for him, he retires.

That would be great. I have a feeling the 2014 White Sox roster is going to look incredibly different than what we see on the field right now. Possibly changes at 1b, 2b, catcher, DH, 2 starting pitchers, etc.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 08:19 PM)
They absolutely choked down the stretch and it's completely carried over into this season. It's like last year never ended.

The hangover has continued and bringing dam near everyone back did not help. The mix of this team is not very good and this may be a very long season only bright spot is thank God Gavin Floyd will be gone next year hopefully in July.