GT 4/15/13 Sox @ Jays 6:07 pm

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 09:08 PM)
What In God's earth could that tool possibly be defending? Who is he blaming now?

Ranger's basic points were that 1) despite Gavin's performance the game was still winnable and 2) that Gavin is a mid-rotation starter, and like all mid-rotation starters they have some good performances and some bad performances. Ranger is right in what he's saying, however I'm tired of scatterbrained Gavin going out there are taking the night off on the mound and I know I'm not the only one.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 10:06 PM)
Ranger's basic points were that 1) despite Gavin's performance the game was still winnable and 2) that Gavin is a mid-rotation starter, and like all mid-rotation starters they have some good performances and some bad performances. Ranger is right in what he's saying, however I'm tired of scatterbrained Gavin going out there are taking the night off on the mound and I know I'm not the only one.

He's right in this case. You need to look at each game with a level head. There are a decent amount of teams in baseball that would like to have a pitcher like Gavin Floyd at the right price. His inconsistency and his inability to take advantage of his good stuff is infuriating at times, but he is what he is and it's not like you're paying him ace money.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 10:12 PM)
He's right in this case. You need to look at each game with a level head. There are a decent amount of teams in baseball that would like to have a pitcher like Gavin Floyd at the right price. His inconsistency and his inability to take advantage of his good stuff is infuriating at times, but he is what he is and it's not like you're paying him ace money.

Agree.

It's harder to watch though when you're losing & you've seen it so many times before. When you lose you want to see something different, fresh, younger, etc. Gavin is supposed to be pitching for a contract here & so far (though it is very early) he's pitching like a 3/$18-21M pitcher instead of a 4/$40M+ pitcher and that's a hard pill to swallow when you know he's not part of your core and your only interest is what you will get out of him when you do eventually deal him.

That said we can still turn this thing around, and a homestand against the Twins is a nice place to start, but to me so far it's not looking all that great.

QUOTE (Baron @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 01:29 AM)
I was not happy that we didnt bring in a better backup catcher. I was afraid of what is actually occurring right now.

I honestly thought Olivo would be back in a Sox uniform which also would not have thrilled me.