Explosions at end of Boston Marathon

IlliniKrush

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 11:53 AM)
With no photos out, the smart thing would have been to stay put, go about your life like nothing happened and not draw suspicion to yourself. Let them waste time checking airports, interstates and train stations. Once the pics came out, all bets are off.

Uh what?

The smart thing to do would have been to immediately leave the country and never look back.

Why would any suspicion be drawn to 2 people who were legally in the US, with no prior criminal history, who werent even considered suspects to start?

When those 2 track kids were being arrested, these guys could have walked into any police station in America and no one would have even blinked.

They had no heat and this is not the sort of crime that authorities were just going to raise their hands up after a few days and go "Well we give up."

Every second that passed was a second closer to them being caught. Any other belief on their part was absolute delusion.

These guys could have gotten out of the country but for their own stupidity. How scary is that.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strangesox,

I dont know I cant make bombs. I do own an anarchist cookbook and it does tell you how to make pipe bombs, but once again, this was the FBI/Police who said that these bombs require training and it would not just be some random people.

That was their original profile, Im not an expert, Im just asking what changed. And I also clearly stated that the police could be lying and that these could be easy to create.

But how would I know?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 12:01 PM)
Well what was it the dad said? Something like "if something happens to my other son, there's going to be hell to pay," right? And he has a military background in Chechen, right?

I got news for you, your son is probably going to kill himself once he realizes he has no way out. But let us be concerned about saving him.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 11:59 AM)
Uh what?

The smart thing to do would have been to immediately leave the country and never look back.

Why would any suspicion be drawn to 2 people who were legally in the US, with no prior criminal history, who werent even considered suspects to start?

When those 2 track kids were being arrested, these guys could have walked into any police station in America and no one would have even blinked.

They had no heat and this is not the sort of crime that authorities were just going to raise their hands up after a few days and go "Well we give up."

Every second that passed was a second closer to them being caught. Any other belief on their part was absolute delusion.

These guys could have gotten out of the country but for their own stupidity. How scary is that.

I guess they could have tried to get teaching jobs at Columbia and blend in with the other bombers.

FYI, I heard a FBI Counter Terrorism guy on WBBM this morning saying just what i typed above. Since they were in no way a suspect before the pictures came out, unless they were able to get gone in the first 5 minutes, the smart thing was to go back to life as they knew it, not raising any suspicions. Not something I pulled outta my ass.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 12:10 PM)
I got news for you, your son is probably going to kill himself once he realizes he has no way out. But let us be concerned about saving him.

I was mostly working on Badger's thoughts.

If he doesn't kill himself and fights back, the police are going to kill him anyways.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 12:15 PM)
I was mostly working on Badger's thoughts.

If he doesn't kill himself and fights back, the police are going to kill him anyways.

It's tough to imagine a situation in which he doesn't die at this point.

Right because the FBI is going to give criminals good tips on how to escape.

They have no vested interest in telling criminals how to get caught.

Really?

Its like saying:

"The police told me if I confessed that they would be nice."

You can believe what you want.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 12:01 PM)
Strangesox,

I dont know I cant make bombs. I do own an anarchist cookbook and it does tell you how to make pipe bombs, but once again, this was the FBI/Police who said that these bombs require training and it would not just be some random people.

That was their original profile, Im not an expert, Im just asking what changed. And I also clearly stated that the police could be lying and that these could be easy to create.

But how would I know?

I'm sure if you wanted to you could figure out how to build some bombs pretty easily. Spark + Fuel = Boom.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 01:08 PM)
Their aunt is crazy. Basically said she thinks they were set up or the pictures/video was set up. This gets weirder by the hour.

I'd imagine there's a strong psychological denial urge at play there. Would you believe it right away if one of your family members was named the suspect?

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 01:09 PM)
Is she the wife of the uncle that says they deserve to die?

I don't think so as she was in Toronto.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 01:11 PM)
I'd imagine there's a strong psychological denial urge at play there. Would you believe it right away if one of your family members was named the suspect?

Maybe not initially when photos were out, but after they rob a convenience store, kill a cop, get in a shootout, take a car, throw explosives at cops, and have explosives on them when found dead, and still running away...then yes, I think I would.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 01:14 PM)
Maybe not initially when photos were out, but after they rob a convenience store, kill a cop, get in a shootout, take a car, throw explosives at cops, and have explosives on them when found dead, and still running away...then yes, I think I would.

of course, any right minded person would accept reality at this point. but the people we are talking about here are loons. just like the bombers themselves.

@aellick

spoke to few of jahan's HS pals here in #cambridge. noone has clue where this came from. they hung w/him over this past winter break.

‏@aellick

one said he was "so assimilated, so american, so normal. We didnt see him as a foreign kid. Just another kid in the #Cambridge community."