Explosions at end of Boston Marathon

IlliniKrush

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 09:56 AM)
Dead man's switch infers hostage to me but that is speculation. And that is just going by the scanner which can be very wrong in the heat of things

A dead man's switch is a bomb that goes off when the trigger is released, so a cop can't just shoot the guy because shooting him will donate the bomb.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 04:07 PM)
A dead man's switch is a bomb that goes off when the trigger is released, so a cop can't just shoot the guy because shooting him will donate the bomb.

Yeah, that is why I thought the guy was a hostage, but don't know, news hasn't picked it up other than mentioning the initial gunfire.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 11:24 AM)
So if they are surrounding a 60-year old man, does this mean the kid is long gone?

Seriously, at this point, just don't believe anything that is reported. This is "Fog of war" territory.

The elder Tsarnaev insisted that his sons were innocent, but said he would appeal to his son to "surrender peacefully."

"Give up. Give up. You have a bright future ahead of you. Come home to Russia," the dad said.

The father warned, however, "If they killed him, then all hell would break loose."

I feel bad for this guy - he just wants to separate his family from his "loser" nephews. He's in Boston and this is incredibly stupid. Some moron racist is going to mess his house up good regardless if he knew his nephews or not.

I'm convinced he hated those kids and hates them more now.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 10:40 AM)
"WHAT I THINK IS WRONG WITH THEM!? BEING LOSERS."

That elicited a laugh from me.

I feel bad for the guy, because he obviously feels like he, his family, and people that share his heritage will be held accountable for this.

Also, he is the first person to see anything on AOL since 1999.

Obviously have to be skeptical of everything, but that Uncle seems legit. I'm fairly moved by his interview, he is trying to accomplish so much and you can sense the fear behind his anger

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 10:51 AM)
People on Twitter saying we should go to war with the Czech Republic because of the two Boston bombers.

Sigh.

I can't tell if that is bigoted or just dumb

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 10:55 AM)
Surprisingly, Deadspin had been a good source of news throught the week.

The best by far.

BTW, this isn't new or ironic at all. They always ask the right questions and have no problem uncovering stories that people otherwise try to cover up. In my mind, they are the ideal in journalistic integrity any more.

Plus, the Funbags and Jambaroos are awesome.

Edited by witesoxfan