Explosions at end of Boston Marathon

IlliniKrush

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 05:06 PM)
Maybe I have some facts wrong - but I can't believe they had a shootout with both suspects and one was able to get in a car and escape, and now he could be anywhere.

CNN article says he escaped on foot. I don't know how that happens. Common criminals never evade police in chase, let alone someone with theeentire country on him.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 11:11 AM)
CNN article says he escaped on foot. I don't know how that happens. Common criminals never evade police in chase, let alone someone with theeentire country on him.

Weird, an hour or so ago someone on CNN said that after his brother was shot in that initial standoff, he got in the car and essentially ran him over trying to escape.

Either way, it just seems ridiculous he got away. There's 9K-10K worth of authorities in the area and he's still out there. Obviously he's not going to an airport to get out, either.

CNN still insisting the guy is in contact with people through social media or other means, don't know if they are still talking about a fake twitter account or what.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 11:17 AM)
He got out in an SUV. Apparently in the firefight, perhaps when he saw his brother go down, he climbed back into the SUV and floored it and broke away from police.

Sounds like his brother was a diversion with explosives strapped to his chest.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 12:16 PM)
CNN still insisting the guy is in contact with people through social media or other means, don't know if they are still talking about a fake twitter account or what.

There are several fake twitter accounts currently running with these people's names, not surprising that CNN would get fooled repeatedly by them.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 11:26 AM)
I get that part and why, however seeing a headline of "suspect 2's head blown off" would be OK with me too.

As long as it wasn't from a self-inflicted IED explosion that takes out others with, yeah, I'd be OK

Something just doesnt add up. These guys had days to get away from the Boston area, yet they stick around and then do something extremely high profile to basically get caught.

Their profile also doesnt fit the early reports about them having to be trained due the fact it had ball bearings, etc.

Im wondering if they are the low men on the totem poll and there job was to plant the bombs and then take the fall.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 11:33 AM)
Entire city of Boston in lockdown? Is that perhaps a little excessive?

Why?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 11:35 AM)
Something just doesnt add up. These guys had days to get away from the Boston area, yet they stick around and then do something extremely high profile to basically get caught.

There profile also doesnt fit the early reports about them having to be trained due the fact it had ball bearings, etc.

Im wondering if they are the low men on the totem poll and there job was to plant the bombs and then take the fall.

I was thinking the same thing re: getting out. I realize the photos weren't out for a few days, but did they really think no images would come out? And yes, once they are out, you rob a convenience store for a few bucks?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 12:38 PM)
Why?

I was thinking the same thing re: getting out. I realize the photos weren't out for a few days, but did they really think no images would come out? And yes, once they are out, you rob a convenience store for a few bucks?

One guess is that they legitimately thought no one would figure out who did it and then panicked last night right after they saw their photos on the news. Tried to get away, fill up at a gas station, see a guy in uniform...

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 11:39 AM)
One guess is that they legitimately thought no one would figure out who did it and then panicked last night right after they saw their photos on the news. Tried to get away, fill up at a gas station, see a guy in uniform...

It is a possibility, but it still does not explain where they would have gotten the technical know how to create these explosives.

Unless (which is entirely possible) the authorities were lying and creating a bomb like this takes little to no training.

The reason why I think there is more, is because when you read about the chase, it sounds like they had multiple explosive devices. If that is true, it means that they did have some sort of contingency plan for when they were going to be caught.

Also if they just wanted to kill themselves, why not suicide bomb?

I dont know, it just seems like a lot for 2 brothers who seemingly have no military training.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 11:38 AM)
Why?

With no photos out, the smart thing would have been to stay put, go about your life like nothing happened and not draw suspicion to yourself. Let them waste time checking airports, interstates and train stations. Once the pics came out, all bets are off.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 11:35 AM)

Their profile also doesnt fit the early reports about them having to be trained due the fact it had ball bearings, etc.

Why would anyone need to be "trained" to put ball bearings inside a bomb? It's something that isn't difficult to figure out on your own or could easily be read about on the internets.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 11:44 AM)
It is a possibility, but it still does not explain where they would have gotten the technical know how to create these explosives.

Unless (which is entirely possible) the authorities were lying and creating a bomb like this takes little to no training.

The reason why I think there is more, is because when you read about the chase, it sounds like they had multiple explosive devices. If that is true, it means that they did have some sort of contingency plan for when they were going to be caught.

Also if they just wanted to kill themselves, why not suicide bomb?

I dont know, it just seems like a lot for 2 brothers who seemingly have no military training.

Creating rudimentary bombs like this really doesn't require much training. Hell, I think the Anarchist's Cookbook from the 70's had plenty of information in it.