Explosions at end of Boston Marathon

IlliniKrush

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 01:24 PM)
I'm still trying to come up with a motive here.

Yeah it makes no sense. Even if it was for some chechnyan issue, the US is just not a good target. Russia and the US are not best of friends, so why would you do something that could possibly unite them against you?

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 01:32 PM)
EDIT 222 2:29 PM: Confusion on the car from media. Car with plate 116-GC7 found.

EDIT 221 2:28 PM: WCVB - Father says he talked to the bombers and they denied being at the Marathon.

http://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/1coq..._thread_part_5/

I don't post on a White Sox message board either

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 01:32 PM)
EDIT 222 2:29 PM: Confusion on the car from media. Car with plate 116-GC7 found.

EDIT 221 2:28 PM: WCVB - Father says he talked to the bombers and they denied being at the Marathon.

http://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/1coq..._thread_part_5/

EDIT 224 2:32 PM: Father told media the boys were planning on going back to Russia in a few days.

Of course they were! They were gong to flee the country!

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 01:24 PM)
I'm still trying to come up with a motive here.

Originally from Chechnya, but living in the United States since five years, Tamerlan says: "I don't have a single American friend, I don't understand them."

Tamerlan fled Chechnya with his family because of the conflict in the early 90s, and lived for years in Kazakhstan before getting to the United States as a refugee.

Tamerlan says he doesn't usually take his shirt off so girls don't get bad ideas: "I'm very religious."

Tamerlan says he doesn't drink or smoke anymore: "God said no alcohol." A muslim, he says: "There are no values anymore," and worries that "people can't control themselves."

He also had a section of his youtube titled "Terrorists"

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 01:35 PM)
EDIT 224 2:32 PM: Father told media the boys were planning on going back to Russia in a few days.

Of course they were! They were gong to flee the country!

The tinfoil hat motive is that somehow these guys were actually approached by Russians as a way to get the US to go to war against Chechnya.

Its just not making a ton of sense right now.

(Edit)

And the post above is why it makes no sense they were going to "Russia". Thats like saying an Iranian who bombed Iraq is going to the US.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 11:45 AM)
Originally from Chechnya, but living in the United States since five years, Tamerlan says: "I don't have a single American friend, I don't understand them."

Tamerlan fled Chechnya with his family because of the conflict in the early 90s, and lived for years in Kazakhstan before getting to the United States as a refugee.

Tamerlan says he doesn't usually take his shirt off so girls don't get bad ideas: "I'm very religious."

Tamerlan says he doesn't drink or smoke anymore: "God said no alcohol." A muslim, he says: "There are no values anymore," and worries that "people can't control themselves."

He also had a section of his youtube titled "Terrorists"

But he loved Borat!