Explosions at end of Boston Marathon

IlliniKrush

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 03:42 PM)
Can you imagine the feelings of a father who had kids that perpetrated a crime like this? And seeing how these two apparently had some very strong anti US feelings, I am willing to place a strong bet that the apple doesnt fall far from the tree.

In short, I dont expect their dad to say anything remotely sane

We're obviously not in his shoes. But at least the uncle was sane. Saying someone's a coward when your son was shooting at them is just stupid. Although they may not have killed him, who knows, may have died from being run over by his own brother. Also, this whole "hell to pay" thing, right.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The natural reaction is denial.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model

Anything else by the father would generally be considered not normal behavior.

Even with insurmountable facts, denial makes sense.

"This cant be true"

"There must be some other explanation"

Those are natural reactions. People are just jumping to conclusions like its nothing. Which is so hilarious given the fact that 3 days ago everyone was jumping to conclusions about 2 other suspects.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 03:55 PM)
The natural reaction is denial.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model

Anything else by the father would generally be considered not normal behavior.

Even with insurmountable facts, denial makes sense.

"This cant be true"

"There must be some other explanation"

Those are natural reactions. People are just jumping to conclusions like its nothing. Which is so hilarious given the fact that 3 days ago everyone was jumping to conclusions about 2 other suspects.

Where does "threatening more harm" come into play?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 03:45 PM)
We're obviously not in his shoes. But at least the uncle was sane. Saying someone's a coward when your son was shooting at them is just stupid. Although they may not have killed him, who knows, may have died from being run over by his own brother. Also, this whole "hell to pay" thing, right.

the whole family is a bunch of loons. i have seen some of their interviews.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 03:58 PM)
Where does "threatening more harm" come into play?

Did you even read the link?

1. Denial

2. Anger

3. Bargaining

The guy is basically the poster child for how people deal with extreme tragedy.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 04:00 PM)
the whole family is a bunch of loons. i have seen some of their interviews.

Yeah the uncle is a real loon. His nephews may have committed a terrible atrocity and the guy is brave enough to go on tv and call them out, try and get them to stop.

/rolls eyes

Im sure that if your nephews did something like this, youd be the model of normal.

lol

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 04:03 PM)
Yeah the uncle is a real loon. His nephews may have committed a terrible atrocity and the guy is brave enough to go on tv and call them out, try and get them to stop.

/rolls eyes

Im sure that if your nephews did something like this, youd be the model of normal.

lol

the uncle appears to have a pre-existing beef with this side of his family.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 04:04 PM)
the uncle appears to have a pre-existing beef with this side of his family.

Right, but how does that make him a "loon"

Many people have family problems, many brothers fight and dont talk. That doesnt make them lunatics. It makes them people.

If you are going to attack someones sanity, you should at least have some example of insane behavior.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 04:02 PM)
The guy is basically the poster child for how people deal with extreme tragedy.

not really. the family members of a person who just committed mass killings usually offer condolences to the victims. these hot heads are out blaming everyone else and coming up with wild conspiracy theories.

Edited by mr_genius

What happens when they get 100% done with Watertown and don't have him...I'm really surprised he's lasted this long without capture.

I guess it's possible if he was wounded that he's bled to death somewhere. Or even just killed himself. You also have to think about the fact that he needs food and sleep too, he's probably been up for almost a day and a half.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 04:06 PM)
not really. the family members of a person who just committed mass killings usually offer condolences to the victims. these hot heads are out blaming everyone else and coming up with wild conspiracy theories.

Um. Not the uncle?

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 04:06 PM)

lol

You just are throwing nonsense at the wall and hoping it sticks. You have no evidence, just your anecdotal opinion.

On the other side we have a well established psychological reaction to extreme loss/trauma.

You crack me up.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 05:07 PM)
What happens when they get 100% done with Watertown and don't have him...I'm really surprised he's lasted this long without capture.

I guess it's possible if he was wounded that he's bled to death somewhere. Or even just killed himself. You also have to think about the fact that he needs food and sleep too, he's probably been up for almost a day and a half.

How do you actually become 100% done with searching a city of 30,000+ inhabitants? Serious Q...even if everything is shut down, it's always possible to find places to hide.

But really, the answer is, the net will get wider with time, there's a decent chance he's already found a way to flee.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 04:07 PM)
Um. Not the uncle?

Which is the one he called a "loon"

So the uncle is a loon for calling his nephews out and apologizing?

Its why hes good for a laugh, he contradicts himself by the time you are done with the page.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 04:09 PM)
lol

You just are throwing nonsense at the wall and hoping it sticks. You have no evidence, just your anecdotal opinion.

On the other side we have a well established psychological reaction to extreme loss/trauma.

You crack me up.

There's really no point arguing an obvious fact. People don't need to be linked to wikipedia to know that the family of two people who did something like this would/could have varying degrees of denial/acceptance/anger. There's no point in arguing an obvious fact.

Anyone who doesn't understand is either just trying to get you to argue or just incredibly stupid.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 04:09 PM)
You have no evidence, just your anecdotal opinion.

hey man, i'm just posting about the comments I have heard the family say:

Aunt - says it's all a big conspiracy theory

Sister - Says the cops are murders

Dad - vows to get revenge

to me, these are loons. maybe you disagree, and that is fine Soxbadger. you are free to disagree.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 04:10 PM)
How do you actually become 100% done with searching a city of 30,000+ inhabitants? Serious Q...even if everything is shut down, it's always possible to find places to hide.

But really, the answer is, the net will get wider with time, there's a decent chance he's already found a way to flee.

Yeah I don't know, just saw they said like 70% done a couple hours ago. I don't know where you hide in times like this, but I could see it turning into a hostage situation.

Overall I'm just surprised it's gone on this long. I thought I would have woken up to him dead.