Explosions at end of Boston Marathon

IlliniKrush

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 06:13 PM)
Started work this morning at 4:30 and have been following. I'm shocked they haven't found him. How could a 19 year old out smart the FBI and law enforcement?

He had to have gotten out of this particular area before the dragnet came down.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 05:16 PM)
Criminals escape the police on a daily basis. They don't show you that part on Cops though. It's not really surprising. They will catch him soon. There's really nowhere to hide.

Just to have him cornered in a gun fight and somehow he escapes. Locking down all exits to the down and barricading the town.

Wonder if he is holding a family hostage or something.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 05:19 PM)
Just to have him cornered in a gun fight and somehow he escapes. Locking down all exits to the down and barricading the town.

Wonder if he is holding a family hostage or something.

That would be my guess. Are the police physically searching every house?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 05:18 PM)
He had to have gotten out of this particular area before the dragnet came down.

This has to be it, he either drove out of town or ditched that car somewhere and got away on foot. Hell he could have had someone pick him up.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 06:23 PM)
This has to be it, he either drove out of town or ditched that car somewhere and got away on foot. Hell he could have had someone pick him up.

The gunfight involved several hundred rounds being fired and explosives similar in scale to the ones used on Monday being lobbed at the police according to this briefing. Given that the chase seems to have covered a good fraction of the metro area, it's plausible he got out during the confusion.

I'm wondering if he found a way to grab a different car. That'd be the best way out he could get.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 05:25 PM)
I hear police were going door to door, ASKING if owners wanted house searched. I think forcing a search would be illegal.

Exigent circumstances exception to the 4th Amendment. Consent to search also works, but they don't need it.

Im thinking he is getting help.

Its the only reasonable reason why they would still be blocks away from where they committed a crime 3 days after the event.

These guys are both dumb and clever at the same time.

Last night they are committing high profile unnecessary crimes that lead to the police finding them.

Today he is a ghost.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 05:25 PM)
The gunfight involved several hundred rounds being fired and explosives similar in scale to the ones used on Monday being lobbed at the police according to this briefing. Given that the chase seems to have covered a good fraction of the metro area, it's plausible he got out during the confusion.

I'm wondering if he found a way to grab a different car. That'd be the best way out he could get.

Agreed, just doesn't seem like another carjacking because we haven't heard anything yet, unless there's a dead victim. I wonder what manpower/vehicles were available during that gunfight. Cops definitely saw him get in the car and back over his brother and drive away, but apparently no one followed him or was able to track him for very long. That or they were just concerned with the older brother having a bomb on him, and figuring they'd catch up to the other brother soon enough.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 05:25 PM)
I hear police were going door to door, ASKING if owners wanted house searched. I think forcing a search would be illegal.

That's how it went down? That seems easy to get around. "I'm going to hold your 4 year old here in the basement while I watch the news. If you tell the police you want a search of the house, I kill her, so tell them everything's OK."

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 05:30 PM)
Agreed, just doesn't seem like another carjacking because we haven't heard anything yet, unless there's a dead victim. I wonder what manpower/vehicles were available during that gunfight. Cops definitely saw him get in the car and back over his brother and drive away, but apparently no one followed him or was able to track him for very long. That or they were just concerned with the older brother having a bomb on him, and figuring they'd catch up to the other brother soon enough.

That's how it went down? That seems easy to get around. "I'm going to hold your 4 year old here in the basement while I watch the news. If you tell the police you want a search of the house, I kill her, so tell them everything's OK."

Don't ya think the parents would give them an all-clear with a wink or something?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 06:30 PM)

Clearly, the people who refused the search wouldn't just have the police say thank you, have a nice day.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 05:30 PM)
Im thinking he is getting help.

Its the only reasonable reason why they would still be blocks away from where they committed a crime 3 days after the event.

These guys are both dumb and clever at the same time.

Last night they are committing high profile unnecessary crimes that lead to the police finding them.

Today he is a ghost.

I'm not a conspiracy guy, but there is definitely more to this than we know. I just can't believe this was a isolated incident carried out by 2 kids. Maybe it was, but it certainly seems fishy.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 05:32 PM)
I'm not a conspiracy guy, but there is definitely more to this than we know. I just can't believe this was a isolated incident carried out by 2 kids. Maybe it was, but it certainly seems fishy.

26 does not equal a kid. Nor does 19 really. These are adults.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 05:32 PM)
Don't ya think the parents would give them an all-clear with a wink or something?

And he hears cops coming in, so it doesn't really matter.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 05:32 PM)
Clearly, the people who refused the search wouldn't just have the police say thank you, have a nice day.

Were all families agreeing to the search? If so then yes, if most of them were just saying everything's fine, then no reason to be suspicious.

This also could be false information. They may have an idea where he is, but figure he is watching the news/tv, thus if they say "oh we dont know we are moving on" maybe he relaxes makes a mistake.

Russia did this during a terrorist attack. They had the news leak that they would be raiding at "3 am" but instead waited to "5 am".

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 05:32 PM)

It's not even really a conspiracy, that's entirely plausible. The question is who's the help and where is it coming from, whether it's local, international, both, who knows...

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 05:34 PM)
This also could be false information. They may have an idea where he is, but figure he is watching the news/tv, thus if they say "oh we dont know we are moving on" maybe he relaxes makes a mistake.

Russia did this during a terrorist attack. They had the news leak that they would be raiding at "3 am" but instead waited to "5 am".

That's a good point, I just don't think they actually have a good idea. Otherwise they wouldn't have had so many resources going in Watertown and have nothing turn up.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 05:37 PM)
That's a good point, I just don't think they actually have a good idea. Otherwise they wouldn't have had so many resources going in Watertown and have nothing turn up.

I agree that it is not likely, but it is plausible.

Having all of this media attention is problematic for the police/fbi, because if the cameras are rolling live, its hard to surprise a criminal when he is watching the house on tv.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 06:37 PM)

The one thing I can't imagine them doing is lifting the "Stay indoors" warning if they thought he was still in the area, and they've lifted that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 10:39 PM)
The one thing I can't imagine them doing is lifting the "Stay indoors" warning if they thought he was still in the area, and they've lifted that.

Yeeah I got the feeling they got a great new lead. They seemed intentionally vague about it