Explosions at end of Boston Marathon

IlliniKrush

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 03:15 PM)
Like any breaking event, there's likely to be a lot of false reports and incorrect information over the next several hours.

With as much blood as was shown on the street, I would be shocked if the death toll didn't climb a lot in the near term. God I hope I am wrong.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 03:15 PM)
Like any breaking event, there's likely to be a lot of false reports and incorrect information over the next several hours.

The negative part of the internet at times like this. So many people just throw info out there without confirming anything.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 01:16 PM)
With as much blood as was shown on the street, I would be shocked if the death toll didn't climb a lot in the near term. God I hope I am wrong.

That one birds-eye photo was like a scene out of The Walking Dead...what a disaster.

Twitter people claiming that another bomb went off at the JFK library.

Edit: Now people claiming it was a fire and unrelated.

ReEdit: Ok, now they're saying it's an incendiary device that might have been related. This is all people listening to the BPD on scanners

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 03:17 PM)
The negative part of the internet at times like this. So many people just throw info out there without confirming anything.

That's going to be true for professional media outlets too; just the nature of stories like this.

edit: there's going to be fluctuating injury/fatality counts, reports of multiple bombers, reports of other bombs going off, etc. as information comes in and gets reported. I'm going to be taking anything beyond "bombs went off, many injured and some killed" with a grain of salt for now.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 04:17 PM)

And article comments. Jesus Christ, don't read article comments.

I'm looking at the Google Street View of the finish line and there are a pair of mailboxes on the north side of Boylston Street about 50-100 feet beyond the finish line that coincides with the spot where the various videos I've seen show smoke and people receiving attention.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 04:31 PM)
ummmm....

@BostonGlobe

BREAKING NEWS: Police getting multiple reports of unexploded devices around Boston

Right now the BPD are probably flooded with reports of suspicious looking packages and bags. Anything and everything is getting called in. 99.9% will be nothing. People will be calling the police for a UPS box they weren't expecting right now.

Plus, a lot of people in the crowd probably had bags and dropped them after the first blast.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 09:31 PM)
ummmm....

@BostonGlobe

BREAKING NEWS: Police getting multiple reports of unexploded devices around Boston

These may just be abandoned suitcases and other things that people are more suspicious of now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 03:32 PM)
Right now the BPD are probably flooded with reports of suspicious looking packages and bags. Anything and everything is getting called in. 99.9% will be nothing. People will be calling the police for a UPS box they weren't expecting right now.

Plus, a lot of people in the crowd probably had bags and dropped them after the first blast.

I was just skyping with my wife and said the same thing. I'd be freaked out if i saw ANYTHING out of the norm.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 03:35 PM)
BPD asking people not to use cell phones since it might set off more bombs? Didn't mythbusters debunk that?

Well, they debunked that phones cause issues with airplanes and they debunked that using a phone while at a gas station will cause the gas to explode.