Explosions at end of Boston Marathon

IlliniKrush

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 20, 2013 -> 12:54 PM)
You think death is great, I get it. Giving terrorists what they want, not too sure on that one. You keep contradicting yourself. If they wanted death, they could have have chosen a suicide bomb to begin with.

Also, "eventually he'll die so the families will get what they want." Are you kidding me with this? Wait, everyone dies? No s***. Some of them don't want to wait for the natural death.

Im not contradicting myself at all. I cant get into the head of each individual to tell what their belief is.

If they believe they are going to heaven if they die, would you then all of a sudden say "We shouldnt give them the death penalty."

If your answer is yes, then maybe there is some logic to your position.

If your answer is no, that no matter what we should kill them, then there is no logic.

Not every person believes in the same thing about death. Which is why its stupid to rush to judgment about death being bad. For all we know everyone goes to heaven, so death could be a gift.

Not willing to take that risk. You wont ever convince me otherwise, its simply illogical.

Death could be worse than life. Death could be better than life.

If you arent willing to accept that as true, we really have nothing to discuss.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not contradicting myself at all. I cant get into the head of each individual to tell what their belief is.

If they believe they are going to heaven if they die, would you then all of a sudden say "We shouldnt give them the death penalty."

If your answer is yes, then maybe there is some logic to your position.

If your answer is no, that no matter what we should kill them, then there is no logic.

Not every person believes in the same thing about death. Which is why its stupid to rush to judgment about death being bad. For all we know everyone goes to heaven, so death could be a gift.

Not willing to take that risk. You wont ever convince me otherwise, its simply illogical.

Death could be worse than life. Death could be better than life.

If you arent willing to accept that as true, we really have nothing to discuss.

The problem with that line of thinking is that every single case does not exist in a vacuum. How this case is prosecuted affects cases that will come in the future. The government needs to pursue whatever the maximum defined penalty is in this case. If they don't, that opens the door for defense attorneys to argue down sentences in a wide variety of cases in the future.

You are making the point that the maximum penalty may not actually be worse than a "lesser" penalty, and you are making the point that the death penalty shouldn't exist, but those are systematic arguments and not arguments about how the government should prosecute this particular case.

Maybe we can get him some cable, a nice workout program, access to the library, Internet access. Maybe he could learn to paint like John Wayne Gacy. They could share the same letterhead "execute the law not the people". Odd though, Gacy seemed to fight death instead of embracing the "falling asleep" easy path.

Gacy wasn't sent to Terre Haute, which is almost certainly where Tsarnaev is headed.

Few things:

I'm very surprised that the man that lived in that house walked all the way to the boat, lifted the cover, and took a look to see if he was in there. There was blood, possibly clothing(?), a door open to the shed(?), and a string cut off the tarp...that would have been enough for me to go back inside and call police and be 99% sure it was related to him, even if he wasn't there. Instead he got out a ladder and looked? Wow.

They didn't really use heat sensing technology to "find" him in the boat. They used it to confirm he was in the boat. They knew he was in the boat because of said neighbor. Had they, out of the blue, found him using that in the boat, it would have been a crazy find.

Surprised they let the guy go after just letting him get cash out of the ATM(s). If that guy left his phone in the car on purpose, what a brilliant move. Couldn't imagine being that guy. Get carjacked, and then they tell you to get back in the car with them, with no idea what's about to happen.

I wonder where he was the whole night/morning/afternoon...this boat was just outside the perimeter so apparently wasn't searched earlier, was it possible he was there a good part of the day? Didn't they say someone else saw blood in a different backyard at some point?

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 20, 2013 -> 08:17 PM)
Few things:

I'm very surprised that the man that lived in that house walked all the way to the boat, lifted the cover, and took a look to see if he was in there. There was blood, possibly clothing(?), a door open to the shed(?), and a string cut off the tarp...that would have been enough for me to go back inside and call police and be 99% sure it was related to him, even if he wasn't there. Instead he got out a ladder and looked? Wow.

Yeah, I was very confused by this. Especially when you could just yell down the street for a cop. Also, what was the reward?

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 21, 2013 -> 01:37 AM)
Defense Lawyers are saying that he wasn't Mirandized upon his arrest.

The US attorney said that at the press conference right after they captured him. She said there is an exception for Mirandizing suspects when there is an outstanding threat (eg possible undetonated bombs). After they talk to him about that, then they must Mirandize him.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 20, 2013 -> 03:17 PM)
Few things:

That's Boston Strong for ya.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 20, 2013 -> 10:19 PM)
I feel bad for the lawyers in this instance. You know they just want to be like "no."

I'm sure it just comes with the territory of being a defense lawyer or public defender. I bet they have defended worse people than this bomber.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 21, 2013 -> 11:08 PM)
Tinfoil is a bit tight

I don't see why military personnel being present is proof of guilt. I also don't see the part where those two are without backpacks because they blew them up. Or why all the lines from the two pictures of them mean anything other than that those are both pictures of them.