Explosions at end of Boston Marathon

IlliniKrush

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 21, 2013 -> 11:21 PM)
I don't see why military personnel being present is proof of guilt. I also don't see the part where those two are without backpacks because they blew them up. Or why all the lines from the two pictures of them mean anything other than that those are both pictures of them.

I have a military style backpack 5.11 rush 24 with honor patches one being the punisher because I happen to like the punisher. The other patch is an american flag. The backpacks prove nothing except they like well made backpacks. Hence the reason I bought mine. My 9 year old is rocking a camo rush 12 with a spiderman honor patch and a zombie patch. I will have to alert the tinfoil society.

Edited by southsideirish71

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 21, 2013 -> 11:33 PM)
I have a military style backpack 5.11 rush 24 with honor patches one being the punisher because I happen to like the punisher. The other patch is an american flag. The backpacks prove nothing except they like well made backpacks. Hence the reason I bought mine. My 9 year old is rocking a camo rush 12 with a spiderman honor patch and a zombie patch. I will have to alert the tinfoil society.

Welcome to Lindsay Graham's watchlist

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 12:18 AM)
There's definitely a lot of questions that have not been answered and probably never will.

Supposedly the govt has more incriminating pictures/videos of the brothers at the marathon, but aren't releasing those to the public for whatever reason.

Supposedly the govt has more incriminating pictures/videos of the brothers at the marathon, but aren't releasing those to the public for whatever reason.

The government doesn't typically release all of their evidence to the public in any kind of case. They released some info because they needed public cooperation.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 07:16 AM)
The government doesn't typically release all of their evidence to the public in any kind of case. They released some info because they needed public cooperation.

Yeah no reason to give away the rest of the case at this point.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 08:12 AM)
Prison, like every other murderer in many states (including Illinois) and most developed countries?

So life in prison? I'm fine with that, I personally think that's a much worse punishment than death, especially for a pretty little 19 year old.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 08:18 AM)
So life in prison? I'm fine with that, I personally think that's a much worse punishment than death, especially for a pretty little 19 year old.

I dont think he is going to be interacting with the general population too much.

I wish it was possible to put him in a cell where taxpayers dont have to foot the bill for the rest of his existence.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 09:41 AM)
Eh, so is blowing up an 8 year old.

That said, I don't care what happens to this kid as long as he never sees freedom.

I totally agree with the former.

I care about the latter in the sense that I care about society having some basic amount of dignity, I just put prison rape well outside of those bounds.

I know we've talked about this in the 'Buster before, but there's something very odd about wishing someone to be prison raped.

I don't wish it to happen to anybody, and I don't advocate intentionally creating situations where it is likely to happen, yet at the same time I don't advocate spending a lot of government dollars trying to prevent it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 08:44 AM)
I totally agree with the former.

I care about the latter in the sense that I care about society having some basic amount of dignity, I just put prison rape well outside of those bounds.

People who are in prison have been deemed unsafe / ineligible to be part of society. Prison rape happens all the time because these people are disturbed, f***ed up individuals who don't play by the rules (mostly).

Trying to explain it is impossible.

That said, it's part of the culture and one of the many reasons I don't go setting off explosions at marathons.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 09:55 AM)
People who are in prison have been deemed unsafe / ineligible to be part of society. Prison rape happens all the time because these people are disturbed, f***ed up individuals who don't play by the rules (mostly).

Trying to explain it is impossible.

That said, it's part of the culture and one of the many reasons I don't go setting off explosions at marathons.

It also happens because society is willing to tolerate it and in many cases encourage it. People laughing at how hilarious it is are part of the problem. If society didn't think it was a great and hilarious punishment, then much of it would go away.

Also, based on the NY Post's work for the last week, you shouldn't just "not be setting off bombs at marathons", you should never get photographed doing anything, just to be safe.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 10:05 AM)
Is it also odd to wish someone to be executed?

My response to this is that society has long deemed this to be an acceptable punishment. Whether or not one agrees with it, this type of punishment could meet a reasonable standard of decency, it has been judged to meet the standard of the 8th amendment.

I for one am bothered a lot more by the culture of prison rape in this country than I am by the death penalty, to be perfectly honest.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 09:09 AM)
My response to this is that society has long deemed this to be an acceptable punishment. Whether or not one agrees with it, this type of punishment could meet a reasonable standard of decency, it has been judged to meet the standard of the 8th amendment.

I for one am bothered a lot more by the culture of prison rape in this country than I am by the death penalty, to be perfectly honest.

The "culture" of prison rape is no more than the "culture" of shivving or the "culture" of beatings in prison. It's a bunch of horrible people confined to one area. Unless you have these idiots on lockdown 24/7, there's no avoiding rape in prison any more than you can avoid rape outside of prison. Bad people do bad things. In this case, it's a bunch of men who want to f*** something and sometimes the thing they f*** happens to be an inmate that has not given his consent.

I don't see why you're concerned with this at all. Prison is prison. F*ck em.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 09:08 AM)
It also happens because society is willing to tolerate it and in many cases encourage it. People laughing at how hilarious it is are part of the problem. If society didn't think it was a great and hilarious punishment, then much of it would go away.

Also, based on the NY Post's work for the last week, you shouldn't just "not be setting off bombs at marathons", you should never get photographed doing anything, just to be safe.

What? How does society have any control over what a criminal does in jail? Society doesn't want people blowing up 8 year olds but that doesn't stop criminals from doing it.

I don't think we should encourage prison rape, or allow it to happen. But I'm certainly not going to feel bad for the guy if it happens to him. As far as I'm concerned he deserves it.

This is the reason it is so difficult for a short term in prison not to be a de facto lifetime punishment. Go to prison, be raped and beaten, nobody cares, get out, lose all of your rights, have everyone ask why you won't be a productive citizen.