Explosions at end of Boston Marathon

IlliniKrush

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 03:42 PM)
I think it was CNN that I was looking at, theirs are worse.

The people that comment on random internet stories are usually the lowest form of internet posters. In my experience, they are never worth reading or responding to.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 04:12 PM)
The people that comment on random internet stories are usually the lowest form of internet posters. In my experience, they are never worth reading or responding to.

The internet would take a giant step forward if all news sites got rid of their comments sections. They're the worst.

QUOTE (SnB @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 05:16 PM)
American society would take a giant step forward if all news sites could get rid of the comment trolls and delete them from existence. They're the worst.

I like my version better.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 04:16 PM)
Well no, obviously not. I just thought that it had been determined to be a Hollywood invention, not something that was actually possible.

I don't know if they could randomly trigger a bomb, but a cell phone can be used to intentionally trigger a bomb. It's a common technique for IED's.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 03:31 PM)
Isn't this the week (4/20 specifically) of a huge number of terrorist/ tragic events? Waco, ok city,columbine etc

IIRC, around the time of Columbine, it was pointed out that Adolf Hitler's DOB was 4/20/1889. I doubt that has had anything to do with any of these events, but anything for a story.

Isn't this the week (4/20 specifically) of a huge number of terrorist/ tragic events? Waco, ok city,columbine etc

Well yea, two of them shared the same date on purpose (Waco and OKC).

I will say this, its sad that this happened but people just seem so desperate for something to be scared of or to be sad about. Two people are dead. That's about the same number of Americans that died in ways completely unrelated to this bombing in the time it took me to write this post. We cant get worked up over it. This isn't 9/11, this isn't Oklahoma City, this is not some overwhelming tragedy that should grip the nation the way it is right now.

Our lives really are short and fragile, s*** like this kinda goes to prove it, so why do we ruin them being afraid of things that have an almost 0% chance of affecting us directly? I dont know. I dont get it.

Hope the injured people wind up OK and they catch the guy who did it.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 04:37 PM)
Keeping someone under guard =/= arrest. for what it's worth.

The New York Post reported that a "Saudi national who suffered shrapnel wounds in today's blast" has been identified as "a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing." The Boston PD spokesperson did not confirm that report.

"Honestly, I don't know where they're getting their information from, but it didn't come from us," said the spokesperson.