Any college kids in here?

Flash Tizzle

- If you are committed to going, though, AVOID having a job if at ALL possible.  To be successful in college, it requires mega-effort, and there is not really any time for a job (unless you plan on having zero social life).

I highly disagree here...I took 17 credit hours last semester, plus worked 25-30 hrs. a week, and STILL found time for a social life. You do what you want with your time...It is those who "f*** around" that will be in big trouble. But, if you REALLY want a social life, you'll find time.

:nono  to boxers

:headbang  to boxer briefs...

:nono Panties

You wear panties... :huh:

No, do you?

This question has been answered before. You should pay attention... :bang

Maybe if we forgot we can ask a few people that were walking around the concourse last night :lol:

Well.. since you were hanging around like a sick puppy dog.. I'm sure you know the answer. ;)

Oh please, someone wouldn't let me leave

Oh yeah... all 112lbs of me was holding you back. :lol:

I don't care too much for days off in college, I mean, at least in my case, I will only have classes three days a week (Tue thru Thurs).

at Columbia though, and I find this pretty weird, right before Fall Semester finals (held in January) is winter break.

so you have two weeks off, go back to school for two-three weeks, then get another three weeks off before the Spring Semester starts.

WTF!

Let me get this straight, you leave me in mah seat all alone, and Koch gets an upskirt shot?  :o

Uhhh.. no. There was NO such thing. :nono

Koch had one of those tiny cams and hes showing us pics at this very moment. ;)

I highly disagree here...I took 17 credit hours last semester, plus worked 25-30 hrs. a week, and STILL found time for a social life.  You do what you want with your time...It is those who "f*** around" that will be in big trouble.  But, if you REALLY want a social life, you'll find time.

I agree with Heather... They had a thing they gave to the students at Bradley and said that even if you devote your time to going to every class and studying/working two hours for every hour your in class (like you should), then on a 15 semester hour schedule, you should still have 49 hours of free-time, enough to hold a job down to make some cash and enough time to screw around and piss it all away.

I agree with Heather... They had a thing they gave to the students at Bradley and said that even if you devote your time to going to every class and studying/working two hours for every hour your in class (like you should), then on a 15 semester hour schedule, you should still have 49 hours of free-time, enough to hold a job down to make some cash and enough time to screw around and piss it all away.

Subtract 21 from the 49, and you get 28! You gotta factor watching EVERY Sox game into that schedule! ;)

I highly disagree here...I took 17 credit hours last semester, plus worked 25-30 hrs. a week, and STILL found time for a social life.  You do what you want with your time...It is those who "f*** around" that will be in big trouble.  But, if you REALLY want a social life, you'll find time.

I think that all depends on the individual. I know when I go to law school I'm probably gonna quit working because of the workload, but right now I still do it, but I make sure I have a job thats flexible with school and I got plenty of time for social events.

I don't work nights or weekends :headbang

It has been said already, but don't dick around with your studies the first semester, or that matter every semester.

Try and find your study habits ie papers, tests, projects. For example, I learned that I need room to move around to think/thought about my work.

Try and take MWF Classes. Heck, the two years I speant at Purdue and than Albion I foundthat I never had a Tuesday class and only twice Thursday classes, The Thrursday classes were history classes that were one day a week for three hours. That was rough, but hey it was the only class I had that day. By my senior year I had planned out my schedule to a point that I had a three day weekend. As soon as my class ended at 3pm it was all weekend. Of course, I allways worked on my homework every weekend :cheers So the advice is to plan your schedule in advance. Think about your major plan around. Hell, I think it worked for me. I'm in graduate school now.

Try and take MWF Classes.  Heck, the two years I speant at Purdue and than Albion I foundthat I never had a Tuesday class and only twice Thursday classes,  The Thrursday classes were history classes that were one day a week for three hours.  That was rough, but hey it was the only class I had that day.  By my senior year I had planned out my schedule to a point that I had a three day weekend.  As soon as my class ended at 3pm it was all weekend. Of course, I allways worked on my homework every weekend :cheers  So the advice is to plan your schedule in advance.  Think about your major plan around.  Hell, I think it worked for me.  I'm in graduate school now.

Kinda hard for mathematics majors like me, when all mathematics courses are four-hour courses meeting four times a week, and Tuesday's always the 'off' day during the week.

I know some classes it is important to go to but for me you have to decide for yourself how important it is. Go for the first couple weeks and see how good the lecturer is and how relevant his material is to the reading etc. You can usually get a great gauge of the course at midterm because exam stuff could be all out of the book or all out of the lecture or somewhere in between. I usually do alot better in classes after the first exam because I know exactly what to study.

You never learn the worth of a quarter until you get to college. Be prepared to spend millions of quarters for laundry. Colleges nationwide are all the culprits of the laundry scandle. What do they do? They give you the s***tiest dryers on the planet, forcing you to feed the dryer with quarters a half a dozen times before your clothes actually get dried. A scam in the making!

really - Albion?  The Albion?  In Albion, Michigan?

This Albion?

This Albion College?

I was the Lutheran campus pastor there for a few years and lived just east of the campus.

Had some very interesting times in Albion. :cheers

Yes, the same Albion. Graduated in 2000. Yes, every once in a while fun times can be had at that school. Especially when you have off campus "events" and profs come by for a little :cheers

Kinda hard for mathematics majors like me, when all mathematics courses are four-hour courses meeting four times a week, and Tuesday's always the 'off' day during the week.

So do you mena you always have an off day on Tuesday, or no classes offered by the school. :huh: Because I can tell you every where I have went and currently go Tuesdays classes are available

So do you mena you always have an off day on Tuesday, or no classes offered by the school. :huh: Because I can tell you every where I have went and currently go Tuesdays classes are available

I have non-mathematics classes on Tuesdays. 66.6% of the classes you have to take are not of your major here. They are known as the 'gen eds' and other requirements to go hand-in-hand with your major. I've never had the capacity to have an 'off' day during the week, and this is my seventh semester here.