Twins @ White Sox, 4/20/12

Balta1701

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 20, 2013 -> 10:29 PM)
Lots of time for things to turn around

Look at this lineup though, the talent level is just not very good. The injuries have exposed the lack of depth the Sox have, and even before the injuries, it was a "2011 Dunn season" away from being mediocre.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 20, 2013 -> 06:30 PM)
I agree, but he should not be playing 1b.

Again, not his fault. Keppinger is the last guy involved in that play to blame. You blame Alexei for the bad decision, then the bad throw, or you blame Robin for pulling Konerko. Kepp was put in a bad spot, both having to play 1st and getting a bad throw.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 20, 2013 -> 10:32 PM)
Again, not his fault. Keppinger is the last guy involved in that play to blame. You blame Alexei for the bad decision, then the bad throw, or you blame Robin for pulling Konerko. Kepp was put in a bad spot, both having to play 1st and getting a bad throw.

I think we're on the same page.

Looks like our new GM is not looking great so far. His biggest signing is playing pretty damn poorly and his construction of the bench with these injuries is fairly puzzling. And some people thought there may have been some way to dump Dunn in the offseason...

But, we've played what, 15 games? Lots of time left to forget all of this.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 20, 2013 -> 05:35 PM)
His bat speed looks AAA-ish. Not surprising, I never heard anyone actually think he could make it at this level.

I like the shape of his swing, but he never hits anything. Ever.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 20, 2013 -> 05:34 PM)
Looks like our new GM is not looking great so far. His biggest signing is playing pretty damn poorly and his construction of the bench with these injuries is fairly puzzling. And some people thought there may have been some way to dump Dunn in the offseason...

But, we've played what, 15 games? Lots of time left to forget all of this.

The strategy is to rebuild on the fly. This strategy only works if you either tradeable assets and/or a decent minor league.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 20, 2013 -> 10:34 PM)
Escobar would have been safe at 1st, even the official scorer called that one.

He should have gone for the out at 3rd. With that said, Keppinger has to keep the runner from being able to advance home.