Twins @ White Sox, 4/20/12

Balta1701

QUOTE (chisoxt @ Apr 20, 2013 -> 05:41 PM)
JR stuck with Williams about two years too long. Hahn has nothing to work with. I predict that it will be a short stay for Rick in Chicago.

Williams still calling EVERY shot with veto power time for him to leave for good.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 20, 2013 -> 05:43 PM)
I'm sorry, but this is good for the future of the Sox. Keep losing and be forced to make moves in July.

For no other reason than they share the same city, are the Cubs better situated than the Sox at this point in time?

QUOTE (Baron @ Apr 20, 2013 -> 10:45 PM)
Your not in management anywhere right?

I don't think he's rooting for them to lose, but flavum is huge into projecting records for teams, and if he feels like the Sox are at best an 81-83 win team, then I'm sure he's fine with them getting out of contention early so they can try to unload basically anyone on the roster not named Sale, Santiago or Quintana.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 20, 2013 -> 05:44 PM)
What?

Are you kidding me. How many short hops and long hops and other Alexei side armed, held too long, lazy throws has Konerko scooped out of the dirt in the last couple of years. And you don't think that the regular 1st baseman who has a history of scooping these might of had more success than the utility guy we swung over there.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 20, 2013 -> 10:46 PM)
For no other reason than they share the same city, are the Cubs better situated than the Sox at this point in time?

It's pretty close...Sox have the young pitching the Cubs aren't close to having, but the Cubs offensive prospects/young players are significantly better than the White Sox. The Cubs have the whole "money to spend" issue that would make the Sox rebuild a lot easier.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 20, 2013 -> 10:47 PM)
Are you kidding me. How many short hops and long hops and other Alexei side armed, held too long, lazy throws has Konerko scooped out of the dirt in the last couple of years. And you don't think that the regular 1st baseman who has a history of scooping these might of had more success than the utility guy we swung over there.

We'll never know if PK would have scooped it, but he's no worse than 80-90% it seems at scooping low throws by our infield. All I know is that Keppinger had his chance to scoop it, and he failed badly.

I do not blame Ventura for trying to win the game in the 9th inning. If you want to blame him for having Keppinger at 1st in that situation, fine, you're deluding yourselves. Maybe it's easier to blame Robin than the players making the plays (or more accurately, not making the plays).

We got 1 run off a guy who's been a gas can this season.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 20, 2013 -> 10:57 PM)
I do not blame Ventura for trying to win the game in the 9th inning. If you want to blame him for having Keppinger at 1st in that situation, fine, you're deluding yourselves. Maybe it's easier to blame Robin than the players making the plays (or more accurately, not making the plays).

We got 1 run off a guy who's been a gas can this season.

I blame Ventura more for having a lineup where the only guy hitting well (Rios) has two automatic outs batting in front and behind him. It makes it so difficult to string together multiple hits in an inning the way the lineup is formed now. Konerko needs to be batting 4th, end of story.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 20, 2013 -> 03:59 PM)
I blame Ventura more for having a lineup where the only guy hitting well (Rios) has two automatic outs batting in front and behind him. It makes it so difficult to string together multiple hits in an inning the way the lineup is formed now. Konerko needs to be batting 4th, end of story.

Okay, I can see if you want to shuffle the lineup every time a guy has a couple of good games. The only one we can agree on is Dunn, he should be much lower. But do you really think it made a difference in the win/loss today? I don't.

Are there ANY areas we can point at and say Ventura's shown marked improvement in comparing the first 3-4 months of 2012 with where he's at today?

Most would argue that he's actually "regressing" as a manager, if that's even possible for someone with so little managerial experience...