KW confirms Ordonez for Griffey trade talks

Jjav829

However, he says he did not think about it for a week but rather for about 5 seconds. Thats a relief.

"I have no desire to trade Magglio Ordonez to anyone," insisted Williams, who prefers to not talk publicly about trade discussions. "The only reason I will respond to (the report) is because I want Magglio Ordonez to understand his importance and value to this organization." 

Link

Originally posted by Mr. Showtime

So they can afford Griffey but not a Maddux? Ghey.

Maggs makes $9 million this year, Griffey $12 million....that is a difference of $3 million, obviously, and that only adds on $3 million.

Maddux would cost atleast $10 million, and probably more, around $13 million or so, even at his age. One is without Maggs being traded, one is...the one that is is cheaper and would make more sense(in a financial sort of way...not in a baseball-sort of way though...not even close).

I still don't know why we are even bothering with offers to get our offense better...I know KW is stupid, but stupid is is stupid does...if you want to screw him over, use pitching, not offense. He's like a dog following orders...don't trade for offense, trade for pitching.

Maybe KW isn't the dumb-f*** we thought he was...either that, or there are other GMs that are bigger dumbf***s than him....I assume that's the case. Jim Bowden is one...he is also the one that made the harsh comments about the strike and 9/11....atleast our GM isn't that stupid.

And then there is ESPN, making the hypothetical trade of Crede, Borchard and Stewart for Vladdy...are they f***ing serious? Do they not understand that when KW says "I want pitching" that he is not going to get a RFer?

I think KW is a competent GM. You have to admit, he has the balls to pull of the big trade that will help the etam get to the top (see Wells, Ritchie). He has made some absolutely idiotic trades (Durham for Adkins, Clayton), but has also made some very good ones (Lofton for Meaux, Diaz; Glover for Eyre, Koch for Foulke (IMO))

I think that, by the end of the meetings, we will have a new starter. I really hope his name is Pedro Astacio. But, we'd probably have to part with Lee and/or Valentin. That'd leave a big hole in the OF, with Maggs, Rowand/Harris, Borchard?

Too many ifs.

Originally posted by Cerbaho-WG

I think KW is a competent GM. You have to admit, he has the balls to pull of the big trade that will help the etam get to the top (see Wells, Ritchie). He has made some absolutely idiotic trades (Durham for Adkins, Clayton), but has also made some very good ones (Lofton for Meaux, Diaz; Glover for Eyre, Koch for Foulke (IMO))

I think that, by the end of the meetings, we will have a new starter. I really hope his name is Pedro Astacio. But, we'd probably have to part with Lee and/or Valentin. That'd leave a big hole in the OF, with Maggs, Rowand/Harris, Borchard?

Too many ifs.

I don't think the Ritchie trade is a good example to use for a trade to "help the team get to the top."

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

I'm with you Cerb. He's a very competent gm, and I think if he had a big time budget, he'd be a very good gm.

I'm just curious Chisoxfn, and I'm not getting confrontational here, but what has KW done to qualify himself as competent besides pull off a few "big" trades that blew up in our faces? He inherited a Division Champion in 2000 and, during his tenure, the Sox have struggled to finish 2001-02 above .500. His "hall monitor" practices and cronyism have created an unfriendly clubhouse. Since "Shouldergate," competing GM's have either (1) refused to deal KW big name player(s) fearing the player(s) they have traded for will be injured, or (2) taken our everyday starters and dealt us unproven minor leaguers or PTBNL's. And before everyone jumps on me about the "quality" minor leaguers we have obtained, let me remind you that these players do the White Sox nothing unless they prove they can play at the Major League level. KW is also the fool that dealt for Royce K-layton..... perhaps the biggest clubhouse cancer in recent White Sox history. IMHO, KW has been more incompetant than he has been competant during his White Sox tenure. He has ALOT to prove. :mad: