Game Thread - 4/22 @ 7:10 PM Tribe vs. Sox

hogan873

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 09:33 PM)
Do you think Ventura had any clue that Cabrera is better against LHP than RHP over the course of his career?

No he is as bad a in game manager Sox have had since Terry Bevington.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 23, 2013 -> 02:36 AM)
No he is as bad a in game manager Sox have had since Terry Bevington.

I'd have to imagine the TV ratings for this game are about as low as they've been since the Hawks were in the Stanley Cup.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 08:35 PM)
Whats even more sad, is that our starting rotation has 4 wins total, after 18 games. No run support, badly timed s***ty bullpen, terrible defense...

Don't forget the last inning, when Tekotte ran us out of the opportunity to put the game away.

It shouldn't even be a close score right now.

And, inevitably when there's a momentum changing inning, the Sox pitching staff falls apart the following 1/2 inning. Like clockwork.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 23, 2013 -> 02:33 AM)
This team needs an overhaul of talent and attitude.

I agree with the attitude thing. Don't like Thornton's demeanor in that appearance. Throwing the ball into centerfield is unacceptable at that stage of the game. That's all mental. He should be fined.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Apr 23, 2013 -> 02:39 AM)
You look at the roster and it screams 75 wins. Sorry but that's the truth. We needed the younger guys to break out and the older guys to NOT decline. Not happening.

If Dunn plays like 2011 Dunn and it takes Beckham/Viciedo long to recover, it looks more like a 70 win team. The AL Central is way better than it was last season.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 23, 2013 -> 02:39 AM)
foghorn_leghorn3.jpg

You know stone poney I don't like this losing one bit. Now that we are losing I am going to keep quiet and when I talk I will sound grumpy. Hawk

That's pretty funny. He does seem like he's doing that. Great post.

They're going to have to start PAYING people to come to the games and fill in the seats to prevent being embarrassed.

Like when public housing authorities would board up windows in abandoned buildings and paint flowerpots over them to make the appearance more cheerful, lol.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 08:39 PM)
I agree with the attitude thing. Don't like Thornton's demeanor in that appearance. Throwing the ball into centerfield is unacceptable at that stage of the game. That's all mental. He should be fined.

He's making $5.5 million to be the "non-closer" still. Do you really think it's going to matter to fine him $1000?

It will just make the attitude in the clubhouse even worse at this point.

They need someone like Kirk Gibson or Bo Porter and to add a lot more youth into that line-up.

Thornton/Crain/Lindstrom will have value somewhere else, maybe you can just dump Thornton's salary or eat part of it and just start over with the back end of the bullpen.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 09:41 PM)
They're going to have to start PAYING people to come to the games and fill in the seats to prevent being embarrassed.

Like when public housing authorities would board up windows in abandoned buildings and paint flowerpots over them to make the appearance more cheerful, lol.

Boyer has Mission Impossible this year after this start.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 23, 2013 -> 02:41 AM)

Caufield you are funny (in a good way). You write about attendance as much as I used to write about Jenks, Ozzie and Dye.