Game Thread - 4/22 @ 7:10 PM Tribe vs. Sox

hogan873

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 23, 2013 -> 03:42 AM)
Paint by numbers managing.

I want back the manager (Ventura) that was anything but that for the first 4 months or so of last season. Austin Powers needs to use a time machine to go back and find Ventura's managerial mojo.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 23, 2013 -> 02:44 AM)
He's making $5.5 million to be the "non-closer" still. Do you really think it's going to matter to fine him $1000?

It will just make the attitude in the clubhouse even worse at this point.

They need someone like Kirk Gibson or Bo Porter and to add a lot more youth into that line-up.

Thornton/Crain/Lindstrom will have value somewhere else, maybe you can just dump Thornton's salary or eat part of it and just start over with the back end of the bullpen.

I just find it amazing he chucked that pickoff attempt into center field and promptly (after one strike out) gave up a base hit to likely end the game.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 23, 2013 -> 03:44 AM)
He's making $5.5 million to be the "non-closer" still. Do you really think it's going to matter to fine him $1000?

It will just make the attitude in the clubhouse even worse at this point.

They need someone like Kirk Gibson or Bo Porter and to add a lot more youth into that line-up.

Thornton/Crain/Lindstrom will have value somewhere else, maybe you can just dump Thornton's salary or eat part of it and just start over with the back end of the bullpen.

I said it earlier today, but don't expect much in return for Thornton. If anything, you try to save a million or so by dealing him.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 09:46 PM)
Then why did you respond to me saying they haven't lost a game after leading after 7?

(please don't respond)

You responded to my original comment sunshine network...............you added the 7th inning to my comment.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 23, 2013 -> 02:44 AM)
I want back the manager (Ventura) that was anything but that for the first 4 months or so of last season. Austin Powers needs to use a time machine to go back and find Ventura's managerial mojo.

He turned into a guy who played the pitching matchups batter by batter way too early in games. It's seems he's stopped doing that of late, thank God, but I haven't been paying that close of attention. Now that Coop is healthy, I hope he makes all the pitching decisions. Maybe he does.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 09:51 PM)
Rongey will smooth it over. :D

Rongey "I don't believe the offense is this bad. Maybe in late June if they are still hitting like this."

And in late June he will be talking up that anything can happen in a bad division.