4/24 Games

flavum

Chris Beck gave up his first runs of the season.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 11:24 AM)
Hawkins 0-2, 2 K's, error.

How long? How long must we sing this song?

Demoting him to Kanny isn't going to fix him. He needs to go back to Instructionals in AZ, or be taken aside and given some personal, mechanical attention. Daily. For a while.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 11:33 AM)
Chris Beck gave up his first runs of the season.

Demoting him to Kanny isn't going to fix him. He needs to go back to Instructionals in AZ, or be taken aside and given some personal, mechanical attention. Daily. For a while.

I was just thinking the same thing.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 02:24 PM)
Yeah, I see that, my feed is full of him retweeting people mentioning his 6th HR. I really think he might be a little full of himself.

Is he doing that during a game or might someone else be doing it for him?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 11:28 AM)
Is he doing that during a game or might someone else be doing it for him?

Neither answer is very good. He is either so full of himself, that he's tweeting about himself, either during a game (AWFUL) or right after (still as bad) or he has such an ego he needs an entourage of one of his dumb buddies to re-tweet about him for him.

Hawkins needs to grow up and grow up fast.

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 03:55 PM)
Neither answer is very good. He is either so full of himself, that he's tweeting about himself, either during a game (AWFUL) or right after (still as bad) or he has such an ego he needs an entourage of one of his dumb buddies to re-tweet about him for him.

Hawkins needs to grow up and grow up fast.

Isn't he 19?? I expect that from a 19 year old but he does need to grow up and it will be happen.

Why would Rienzo be ranked over Snodgress?

I would think with the fact that Snodgress is a lefty and doesn't have the PED's concerns surrounding him that other organizations would be higher on him than Rienzo (unless they're acquiring to market him to that tiny niche of Brazilian baseball fans, haha).

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 07:29 PM)
Why would Rienzo be ranked over Snodgress?

I would think with the fact that Snodgress is a lefty and doesn't have the PED's concerns surrounding him that other organizations would be higher on him than Rienzo (unless they're acquiring to market him to that tiny niche of Brazilian baseball fans, haha).

Rienzo has put up impressive numbers at higher levels.

Can't believe 37 of Hawkins' 55 AB's (not counting walks/hbp) have ended up as K's.

The funniest part is he still has a 720 OPS.

I remember the days when we would have been "pleased as punch" for Brian Anderson to be able to put up a 720 at the major league level.

Now we have BrYan Anderson and Lars Anderson at Charlotte. Wonder what happened to the real Brian Anderson? And how much of his original signing bonus is left?

With Joe Borchard, surely the family was smart enough to invest that $5.3 million...they seemed to be a very down-to-earth, modest, blue collar labor/farming family.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (IowanSoxFan @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 04:51 PM)
Rienzo, Castro, Beck, Snodgress.

Rank these guys in order.

Snodgress, Beck, Castro, Rienzo

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 07:32 PM)
Rienzo has put up impressive numbers at higher levels.

No he hasn't. He's struggled in AAA. Snodgress is putting up good numbers in AA, which is the most Rienzo has ever done.

But it's probably fair to say that Beck has the most potential (his status as a potential Top 5-10 pick heading into the last college baseball season), or certainly, hype surrounding him.

Snodgress and Johnson are still flying a little under the radar to most unfamiliar with the Sox system.