Game Thread 4/25: TB @ SOX

cabiness42

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 25, 2013 -> 07:06 PM)
Sale needs to Verlander this game and go 130 pitches...

They actually pulled Verlander pretty early from the game today, I think he was under 100 pitches.

Seem to be some lingering concerns about his "missing" fastball, most of his were in the low 90's and he hasn't been able to reach back in the late innings for the 97-100 MPH heater all season long.

That's 60 pitches through 3. Yikes. Against the Rays.

Edited by caulfield12

Guess the Bulls and the Draft sucked everyone away...or the offenses skidding to a halt for both teams.

Oooops...well, Sale's being consistent.

Came into the game with a 4.50 ERA, and his in-game ERA matches it, 2 ER/4 IP.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 01:19 AM)
Really Sale? Lobaton is one of the weaker hitters in baseball. 5 homers in 30 innings for Sale.

I was going to ask how many home runs he has allowed. If you don't throw that 95-98 MPH fastball eventually these hitters are going to catch you at 91

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 25, 2013 -> 08:09 PM)
They actually pulled Verlander pretty early from the game today, I think he was under 100 pitches.

Seem to be some lingering concerns about his "missing" fastball, most of his were in the low 90's and he hasn't been able to reach back in the late innings for the 97-100 MPH heater all season long.

That's 60 pitches through 3. Yikes. Against the Rays.

Verlander made an early exit Wednesday against the Royals due to cracked skin on his right thumb.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 02:21 AM)
I was going to ask how many home runs he has allowed. If you don't throw that 95-98 MPH fastball eventually these hitters are going to catch you at 91

Righties have hit Sale very hard so far this year.