4/26 Games

caulfield12

That's two singles for Hawkins in the last 2 games.

A bit encouraging...almost would prefer to see singles/doubles/triples for a week or two, get that batting average back up to .200.

1/2 so far, 1 K, 40th strikeout of the season. .180 average.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 27, 2013 -> 01:43 AM)
If Johnson can keep stealing bases and getting on base at his current rates he may be a legit prospect.

Hard to tell just based on stats, but looks like his defense isn't very good (8 errors already)

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 06:49 PM)
Hard to tell just based on stats, but looks like his defense isn't very good (8 errors already)

Usually, because the Low A stadiums aren't as well manicured/maintained, teams don't pay much attention to error totals until AA ball.

I remember Jeter making 50+ errors for Greensboro in 1993, for example.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 07:49 PM)

I thought I heard he was a good defensive player when he was drafted but maybe I'm mistaken.

Having said that, he's a leg up on the rest of position players at Kannapolis other than Coats.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 07:32 PM)
I thought I heard he was a good defensive player when he was drafted but maybe I'm mistaken.

Having said that, he's a leg up on the rest of position players at Kannapolis other than Coats.

Any middle infielder who brings a "plus" tool would have to have the leg up, with how DiMichele and Sanchez have gotten out of the gate.

Sox desperate for any credible 3B/SS/2B who looks like he could be a regular.

Semien's about the only one to distinguish himself so far this season in the early going.

Hawkins with a SF and 14 RBI's.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 08:36 PM)
Any middle infielder who brings a "plus" tool would have to have the leg up, with how DiMichele and Sanchez have gotten out of the gate.

Sox desperate for any credible 3B/SS/2B who looks like he could be a regular.

Semien's about the only one to distinguish himself so far this season in the early going.

Hawkins with a SF and 14 RBI's.

We have a couple interesting middle infield prospects. We literally have nothing at 3B. At least Gillaspie is giving us some hope at position.