Game Thread 4/27: TB @ SOX

cabiness42

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 28, 2013 -> 03:23 AM)
You know, I thought Flowers deserved a whole year, and he probably still will. But don't we kinda know where it's heading with him?

Finding a potential catcher should be a huge area of focus if the Sox trade some of their main guys.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2013 -> 09:29 PM)
De Aza is striking out way too damn much this year. Top 10 in that category in the AL.

No leadoff man worth his salt should be in the top 10 in that category ever.

Still seems realistic to think Flowers gets to be about .230 with decent power numbers, which is what many of us were predicting/hoping for. Some bad ABs can't come as a surprise though.

As far as ADA goes, I don't know why he's striking out so much. Might be related to his inflated HR/FB ratio though. Quit swinging so hard. He moves his head so much when he swings I don't know how he ever hit, honestly.

Glad to see Lindstrom get his first bad outing out of the way in this game rather than an important one.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 28, 2013 -> 02:42 AM)
Still seems realistic to think Flowers gets to be about .230 with decent power numbers, which is what many of us were predicting/hoping for. Some bad ABs can't come as a surprise though.

As long as Flowers is going to face righties a few times a week, it seems very hard to project him hitting .230 this year. Hell, the Sox haven't even had any of their games against the dynamic righties of the Tigers yet.